• 4-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Copying my post from the pay site where I was challenged to post my win percentage for each game since I was predicting a 9 win season

Alcorn State - 0.99
USF - 0.80 They've lost a lot and haven't done well defensively against Navy the last two times they played them.
Pitt - 0.70 - Basically they have two field goal wins and we won by 3 scores last year even with 4 turnovers and a punt return touchdown going against us.
Clemson - 0.10 Seems about right
Bowling Green - 0.95 Nice recovery game they might lead at the end of the 1st from Clemson hangover but we score unimpeded throughout the 3rd.
Louisville - 0.70 - Short week so less prep for an offense they haven't seen.
Duke - 0.70 We should win, but our offense needs to not press
VT - 0.65 Would be higher if it wasn't a Thursday in Blacksburg. We're 3-1 against VT the last 4 years. We seem to have our best games against them when we have a QB who can keep consistently and run over them.
UNC - 0.70 Fedora might be fired at this point in the season
Miami - 0.50 We have a mental block here. Last 2 years we probably should've won, but we find ways to lose. We spotted them 14 points in 2016 and we lost Benson to injury, the rain, and tipped a pass the wrong way otherwise it was a win for us if any of those don't happen.
UVA - 0.80 Home so no Charlottesville juju
UGA - 0.35 Roquan Smith is gone who I think UGA will find was a once in a generation linebacker so they'll be a little weaker sideline to sideline which will help.

7.94 wins and it's an even number year so we get more breaks than we do in odd years to push the extra win.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn State W all healthy qbs get to play, and if it rains we rush TM back onto the field for the reps.

USF W a close one though, likd versus GaSouthern or Tulane in 2014. The boys get a little seasoning here and look forward to slightly cooler northern climes.

PITT W We owe Pitt one more year for the Blewitt debacles, and getting them early is an advantage.

Clemson - L Clemson's D is monsterous, and I think we'll be slow starting. However, I expect a night game in Atlanta under a full moon, and spooky **** can happen. I have a feeling that this will be a game where we'll come up 1 drive to short.

BG W All quarterbacks get playing time again. We show how much we've improved since USF.

UL W Burbon is good, but Whiskey is better and the boys in White and Gold will deal with the men in black with a 10 point win. The defense will begin to shine in this game. Also we avoid the dead crowd of having a home game on fall break because we'll be in the land of horses.

Duke W Homecoming magic as we cleanse Cutcliffe from our systems and win by two scores.

Open - L These guys are undefeated for all time... There is no way we beat such a powerhouse dynasty.

VT W In a defensive battle Fuente's luck beats out the Weekday Curse and the good Tech wins Techmo bowl 2018. Ironically the score is the inverse of the 2012 Labor Day game.

UNC W Keenan stadium rocks for 5 mimutes as UNC forces a 3 and out and begins to march the field. Suddenly Brandon Adams pops the ball in the air on a crossing route and catches the interception. He rambles and rumbles towards the goal line, almost running out of steam, but a convoy of gold helmeted blockers gets him across. The offense shifts into high gear and we boat race the heels.

Miami W Tech hosts division rival (and current leader) Miami in a winner take all showdown in Atlanta. Its night, and jt's a white out. Oh its also November, and mid 40's is cold to South Florida boys. Miami doesn't know what hit them, and when the cold dust settles, both our offense and our defense will have outscored the Canes

UVA W TM gets the flu on Friday and can't play. Its the Tobias Oliver show, and he looks a lot like Tevin coming in against VT. However, he rides Benson and Howard, and by mid 3rd quarter coach puts James Grahm in for some reps. This breaks all Tech boards, but he leads two more scores and brings the Jackets home for the win.

UGA W Riding high at 10-1 the Jackets repast on Thursday then head to Athens. The local talking heads are all abuzz about COFH actually meaning "something" for once as both teams are highly ranked and heading for conference title games. Rumors are that members of the selection committee are in attendance. A back and forth first half seems to turn in Georgia's favor when one of their linebackers intercepts a pitch in mid air and runs it back for a score. UGA enters the half up 10, but at half time the good guys get a talking to from chaplain Moore and begin sharpening their knives. When asked what he told his team at the half Coach Johnson replies "I told them that they know what to do". 3 UGA turnovers and 2 death marches later, the Jackets once again leave Athens victorius. Winning 35 -24 and heading to Charlotte the next week.

ACCCG (Clemson) W The Jackets have learned to win and throw overtop of CU's vaunted Dline to set up first the pitch and finally the dive. Parker Braun puts defenders on Skates and Tech gets revenge 21-20 as Clemson goes for 2 in the last seconds and has the ball batted down by a blitzing BJ Swilling.

The Jacket's fate now rests with the comittee as they finish the season ACC Champions, ACC Coastal Champs, Champions of the State of Georgia, and 12-1 overall.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The Jacket's fate now rests with the comittee as they finish the season ACC Champions, ACC Coastal Champs, Champions of the State of Georgia, and 12-1 overall.
I like your prediction!

Here’s the finale:
Committee puts 2 ACC Teams in the playoff but it’s the U & Clem. GT goes to the Pinstripe bowl when Swofford vacates 3 conference wins because Taquon took Differential Geometry instead of Linear Programming last year and it’s no longer an acceptable substitute per the 2018 handbook so he’s technically not on track to graduate as reported earlier in the season.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like your prediction!

Here’s the finale:
Committee puts 2 ACC Teams in the playoff but it’s the U & Clem. GT goes to the Pinstripe bowl when Swofford vacates 3 conference wins because Taquon took Differential Geometry instead of Linear Programming last year and it’s no longer an acceptable substitute per the 2018 handbook so he’s technically not on track to graduate as reported earlier in the season.
Ah there is the appropriate balancing of bad karma. This sounds reasonable.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
7 games. But we go to a bowl game and win it for an 8 win season.

CPJ's winning % at GT is 56.9%. (7=12*.569)
https://gtswarm.com/threads/114-years-of-gt-football-–-how-will-history-repeat.15192/

I think the losses are to Clemson, @VT, @UNC, Miami, @UGAg. I think the @VT game on Thursday night will be the pivot for the season. Unfortunately, we'll lose 2-3 close ones unless the ST are much improved.

Atomic has us at 7 games too, but in a different way with us losing to barely losing to Pitt & L'Ville but barely beating UNC & Miami. They have us in a lot of close games with 5 games with a 40-60% win probability.

http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html
North Carolina wont beat Georgia Tech or much anyone else. This will be Larry Fedora's farewell Tour at North Carolina and i can't see the Tarholes winning more than 4-5 games.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My predictions most home games will be a noon, it will rain at 3 games, the team with the most points at the end will win. And even if we go 15-0 we will still have some who don't like CPJ.
GT will go 10-3 after the Bowl Games but there will still be posters who complain about the offense being boring or outdated:rolleyes: You can't please everyone;)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn St-W by alooooooooot
USF-W but close
Pitt-W but closer than USF
Clemson-L but not by much
BGSU-W by a lot but not as much as Alcorn
Duke-W
Louisville-W but it won’t be easy
UNC-W
VT-L we haven’t done well on Thursday nite
Miami-W this is the year
UVA-W
UGA-L similar to Clemson. Close heartbreaker
9-3/6-2

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn St-W by alooooooooot
USF-W but close
Pitt-W but closer than USF
Clemson-L but not by much
BGSU-W by a lot but not as much as Alcorn
Duke-W
Louisville-W but it won’t be easy
UNC-W
VT-L we haven’t done well on Thursday nite
Miami-W this is the year
UVA-W
UGA-L similar to Clemson. Close heartbreaker
9-3/6-2
In all honesty, I’d sign up for this today, if I could.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think we win 7-10 regular season games this year. Depending in large part on luck, injuries, and our place kicking.

Some of the wins will surprise, so will some of the losses likely.

If we don’t win the Coastal we will barely get edged out, we beat the mutts again in Athens much to the dismay of butt lickers world wide.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn State - Cupcake plays hard but gets waxed, as entire two deep sits out the second half, 63-3...W

South Florida - Jackets step it up a notch and make short work of rebuilding Bulls, 46-14...W

Pitt - Panthers play hard but are exhausted by the 4th quarter as Jackets control the ball for 45 minutes, 38-24...W

Clemson - Cocksure Tigers step in a yellowjackets' nest in Atlanta and get shocked and stung on a late pick six, 21-17...W

Bowling Green - Jackets lucky to be facing outmanned Falcons coming off the Clemson upset and barely survive 28-27...W

Louisville - Jackets catch Louisville six days after Cardinals' big upset of FSU and win on a late field goal 24-21...W

Duke - Jackets take out revenge in Atlanta for last year's loss against lil' Dukies, 59-0...W

VT - Hard fought game in Blacksburg, but undefeated Jackets ruin Hokies Halloween, 28-24...W

UNC - Jackets have no trouble stomping the tar out of North Carolina in front of demoralized Heels' home crowd, 45-12...W

Miami - 'Canes blow into town and test Jackets before losing a heartbreaker on an onside kick and last second TD pass to Brad Stewart, 27-25...W

Virginia - Another revenge game, but Jackets have their minds on hated Ugag and barely scrape by Cavs, 32-27...W

Georgia - Jackets take 3IAR in their home-away-from-home. Paul Johnson gets a ride on shoulders of DeFoor and Marshall with a sprig of privet hedge in his teeth, 28-27...W

Well, there you have it, 12-0. And until proven otherwise, I stand by my prediction...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We like to laugh about georgia’s easy schedule, but Clemson has them beat in spades.

To be fair, there have been years when playing at FSU, at T A & M, at GT ,Louisville and SC would be considered a good to tough schedule. (Let's hope this is one of those years!).Even GSU has provided some competition to D1 teams, including us a few years back. Clemson, like Bama, has elevated themselves to a point where they are going to be favored against almost anyone. Thus perhaps making the schedule looking easier than it may be. Objectively speaking, I would not call this an easy schedule. Not a meat grinder either but, again, they have done the work necessary to make it appear easier to the casual observer.

Deleted member 2897

To be fair, there have been years when playing at FSU, at T A & M, at GT ,Louisville and SC would be considered a good to tough schedule. (Let's hope this is one of those years!).Even GSU has provided some competition to D1 teams, including us a few years back. Clemson, like Bama, has elevated themselves to a point where they are going to be favored against almost anyone. Thus perhaps making the schedule looking easier than it may be. Objectively speaking, I would not call this an easy schedule. Not a meat grinder either but, again, they have done the work necessary to make it appear easier to the casual observer.

Without looking, I’m going to say we play twice as many 8 regular season win teams as they do. (With the usual caveat that I am frequently wrong.)