• 5-7

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 4-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, why not. Let's get rid of the gold tinted glasses and throw it out there.
Here we go
Acorn St W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L but damn close
BG W
UL W
Duke W Better be because this is the only game I can get to
VT W
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA L we lose this thing in overtime, shades of 2013

Logic, Tech is going to be really good this year. Senior A backs, experienced
QB, Deep and strong at B-back. Camp is going to be a monster receiver. The O-line is going to be nasty.

New D will be Tenutta like with young but talented secondary and linebackers to kill.
Punter is all-American. Questions, kicking.

Our opposition
Acorn um let's keep the game reasonable
USF Lost their entire offense and half their defense and has never faced us.
Pitt lost a lot and if the same as last year, slow on defense
Clemson. Nothing to say here but maybe Grant Field magic, shades of 2011
BG 2-10 last year
UL Lost their entire offense
Duke Just stop that big quarterback from running on us.
VT The offense is not very good and they lost every defensive player they had.
UNC Fedora is still re-building, in maybe his last stint as the coach
Miami. They went 0-3 in their last three games and frankly could have and should have lost three more. We have them in Atlanta
UVA Should be a blow out
UGA Yea Yea they have a bunch of Freshman. But they really aren't any better than what Richt recruited. 30 everybody forgets that number. They lost 30 Seniors from the team last year and a few Juniors. Senior laden teams win. This team is no different than the 8-4 team from the year before last. I only put this game as an L because we always mess one up and this may be the one.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Here we go
Acorn St W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L but damn close
BG W
UL W
VT W
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W

QB, Deep and strong at B-back. Camp is going to be a monster receiver. The O-line is going to be nasty.

New D will be Tenutta like with young but talented secondary and linebackers to kill.

Our opposition
BG 2-10 last year
Miami. They went 0-3 in their last three games and frankly could have and should have lost three more. We have them in Atlanta
UVA Should be a blow out
UGA Yea Yea they have a bunch of Freshman. But they really aren't any better than what Richt recruited. 30 everybody forgets that number. They lost 30 Seniors from the team last year and a few Juniors. Senior laden teams win. This team is no different than the 8-4 team from the year before last. I only put this game as an L because we always mess one up and this may be the one.

Mind rite!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Here we go
Acorn St W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L but damn close
BG W
UL W
VT W
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W

Our opposition
BG 2-10 last year
UVA Should be a blow out

Okay, taking off the gold glasses?

Acorn St W
USF L
Pitt W
Clemson L by 17
BG W
UL L
Duke W By a late field goal.
VT L
UNC W
Miami L
UVA W
UGA L

That to me is the worse we will do. 6-6 with a bowl game.

My true prediction?

Acorn St W

USF W

Pitt W

Clemson L by about 10-17

BG W

UL W by more than expected. Should be about a 6 point dog. May win by 10.

Duke W Finally. But it may take all we have.

VT W. True toss up. We will be up at that game. I'm hoping for a win, but health and the duke game may play into how hot we come out in this.

UNC W. Should win by 10.

Miami W. Revenge is given. I think Miami is overrated. Too much weight with the name. Only an above average QB, and the defense will come back to reality as teams learn to play it.

UVA W last home game, should win. Hopefully.

UGA L I hate this, but I think it's closer than last year, but we probably lose by 10-17 like the Clemson game. I think we are close to those teams when we have experience, we just don't have the over powering athletes to compete.

Finishing the season 10-2. We are better on paper than all but 3 teams. I think we win 1 of those 3 games. 10-2 should give us a top 15 positioning and a rematch game in the ACCCG. Against what should be #2-5 Clemson.

Wait for it..... I think we take Clemson to the brink and the game is won or lost by 3 points. If we win, we finish the season before bowls ranked in the top 10. Possibly top 6.

If we lose by 7 or less we stay in the top 15.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Okay, taking off the gold glasses?

Acorn St W
USF L
Pitt W
Clemson L by 17
BG W
UL L
Duke W By a late field goal.
VT L
UNC W
Miami L
UVA W
UGA L

That to me is the worse we will do. 6-6 with a bowl game.

My true prediction?

Acorn St W

USF W

Pitt W

Clemson L by about 10-17

BG W

UL W by more than expected. Should be about a 6 point dog. May win by 10.

Duke W Finally. But it may take all we have.

VT W. True toss up. We will be up at that game. I'm hoping for a win, but health and the duke game may play into how hot we come out in this.

UNC W. Should win by 10.

Miami W. Revenge is given. I think Miami is overrated. Too much weight with the name. Only an above average QB, and the defense will come back to reality as teams learn to play it.

UVA W last home game, should win. Hopefully.

UGA L I hate this, but I think it's closer than last year, but we probably lose by 10-17 like the Clemson game. I think we are close to those teams when we have experience, we just don't have the over powering athletes to compete.

Finishing the season 10-2. We are better on paper than all but 3 teams. I think we win 1 of those 3 games. 10-2 should give us a top 15 positioning and a rematch game in the ACCCG. Against what should be #2-5 Clemson.

Wait for it..... I think we take Clemson to the brink and the game is won or lost by 3 points. If we win, we finish the season before bowls ranked in the top 10. Possibly top 6.

If we lose by 7 or less we stay in the top 15.

Mind rite!

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
"USF Lost their entire offense and half their defense and has never faced us."

True, but USF has faced Navy. A bit dated info, but USF did knock off Navy in 2016, by a score of 52-45. USF was blowing Navy out of the stadium 42-14 at half, 45-21 at the end of three, before Navy stormed back with 24 points in the final quarter to make the game appear closer than it really was. In 2015, Navy -- with great QB Keenan Reynolds -- knocked off USF 29-17. So, USF's current senior and junior defensive players have a little experience prepping for a Tech-ish offense. Still, yes, USF lost six defensive starters from last season.

Here's a decent review (from spring) of this year's USF squad: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...710/usf-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster Note this was before Blake Barnett transferred in to play QB.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

True, but USF has faced Navy. A bit dated info, but USF did knock off Navy in 2016, by a score of 52-45. USF was blowing Navy out of the stadium 42-14 at half, 45-21 at the end of three, before Navy stormed back with 24 points in the final quarter to make the game appear closer than it really was. In 2015, Navy -- with great QB Keenan Reynolds -- knocked off USF 29-17. So, USF's current senior and junior defensive players have a little experience prepping for a Tech-ish offense. Still, yes, USF lost six defensive starters from last season.

Here's a decent review (from spring) of this year's USF squad: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...710/usf-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster Note this was before Blake Barnett transferred in to play QB.

I don't think anyone on USF's staff was on staff when they last played Navy.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

USFs 2016 coach is now coaching FSU.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
True about the USF coaches. That said, I referred to current USF (senior and junior) defensive players having faced Navy's offense in 2015 and 2016. (Interesting note: Current USF DC Brian Jean-Mary should be a familiar name to Tech fans; he was the linebackers coach at Tech from 2004-2009, some pretty decent years for Tech's defense, with guys like Wheeler and Guyton at linebacker.)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
True about the USF coaches. That said, I referred to current USF (senior and junior) defensive players having faced Navy's offense in 2015 and 2016. (Interesting note: Current USF DC Brian Jean-Mary should be a familiar name to Tech fans; he was the linebackers coach at Tech from 2004-2009, some pretty decent years for Tech's defense, with guys like Wheeler and Guyton at linebacker.)

I wonder how many of them actually played against Navy since they would have been Fr and Soph. Even if they had I don't know how much good it would do them as Tech's O is operationally different from Navy's, add to that the new coaches not being overly familiar with Tech

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Before I give my predictions let me explain why I give these predictions. First, this is probably the deepest OL under CPJ, he wanted 8 guys and said we have about 9 or 10 who he could play. TM is now in his second full year and we should see that experience translate on the field. We also have a very talented group of RB’s who have played a ton, and while we aren’t completely sure about WR, we have a very talented group of guys there. Remember we were not far from 8 wins last year, clean up a few things, which should happen with experience imo. On D we should get a lot more negative plays and turnovers as a result of being more aggressive, I think this will cause offenses to press even more, especially if our offense is rolling. So here we go, with just a little bit of gold colored glasses. (Just a little)

15-0.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
8-4

Predicting game to game is too much of a crap shoot for me. Given the schedule, this would be a serious step in the right direction.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
If we have a top 30 D, we win 10 games, lose the ACCCG to Clemson, and play on New Year's Day. If the D struggles with the transition we win 6 games.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Games turn on more than talent. I think the key for us is to avoid a losing streak early, and then build momentum late. I don't really think the USF game matters much to the success of our season unless, God forbid, a loss there keeps us out of the playoffs. The season really starts with Pitt. We play Pitt the week before Clemson. Lose both of those, and the Louisville game is probably a loss also due to our notoriously fragile psyches. Beat Pitt, play well against Clemson, tune up with BG, and Louisville is a W. Play well against Clem, beat UL, and Duke goes into the win column. Get monkey hammered by Clemson, lose to UL and then Duke? VT then ends any hope we have for a good season. Beat BG, UL, and Duke then rest and heal for a week, and VT will have a three game losing streak to us. Go 4-0 or 3-1 against BG, UL, Duke, and VT; then UNC is just a speed bump to the Miami game. If we're 7-2 when Miami comes to BDS, we're 9-2 going to athens. 6-3 going into Miami, and it is a must win. 5-4 or worse going into Miami, and Christmas will be at home again.

If we are on a 4 game win streak going into athens, then CPJ is better than even money to be gloating about owning not just the state but also the cesspool. The good news is that the schedule sets up for that. The 4 games before that are VT, UNC, UM, and UVA. We are 3-1 against VT in the last 4 years, and a penalty away from 4-0. We should be favored against UNC and UVA. Miami holds the key. Pray for a cold and clear (no rain) November 10th. The defense should have settled in by then. It will be a White Out, the first home game in 4 weeks, will most likely settle the Coastal, and probably a 3:30 or later game as the only other marque ACC game that week is FSU/ND. Barring an injury filled disaster like 2015, weather anomalies like 2017, or the defense just quitting on Woody, we lose three games at most and more likely just two. Which ones depend on our momentum during the season.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
At this point making a bowl game is a win. I've learned with Tech football to keep expectations low so that the good seasons are even more fun. I'll take 6-6 but could potentially see this team in the acc championship and a major bowl with the right combination of circumstances (defense creates turnovers, great o line play, etc).

LibertyTurns

Banned
9-3 this year with a bowl win for 10-3. We can’t handle Clem but they can’t put us away either. We miss playing in the ACC Championship by handing it back to the U when we crap the bed against UVA- bad weather is the culprit. I’m not sure we have that 11th win in us this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t hordes of morons destroying their TVs on 11/24 after we bitchslap them on national TV.

It’s going to be a good year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
7 games. But we go to a bowl game and win it for an 8 win season.

CPJ's winning % at GT is 56.9%. (7=12*.569)
https://gtswarm.com/threads/114-years-of-gt-football-–-how-will-history-repeat.15192/

I think the losses are to Clemson, @VT, @UNC, Miami, @UGAg. I think the @VT game on Thursday night will be the pivot for the season. Unfortunately, we'll lose 2-3 close ones unless the ST are much improved.

Atomic has us at 7 games too, but in a different way with us losing to barely losing to Pitt & L'Ville but barely beating UNC & Miami. They have us in a lot of close games with 5 games with a 40-60% win probability.

http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html