Saturday's agendas, let's hear 'em.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Sounds great but I'd swap out those Corona lights for Landsharks if I'm at the beach. Since I'm not, the wife (Dawgs fan) and I are going to be grilling and into the BL's on Saturday. I'll have my Vandy face on during her game and my punch'em in the face shirt on during ours.
You married into a mess of DWAG fans there Yoda! Especially the bro in law ;)

Saturday will be me and the boy easing down toward the ATL around mid morning.
We usually stay Friday nights for noon kickoffs but this time we will just do a round trip day.

First thing when we arrive is to make rounds to a couple friends who are tailgating to catch up on some gossip!
We are always first in line at Jackets Alley so we can hear the drum crew play before the buses arrive.
After the team has entered @ Callaway we will rendezvous with a group at the Varsity for some grub.

The boy wants to go to the book store after we eat so we will make a quick trip there for him.
After that we will be making our way to BDS and enter the gate ready to get rowdy!

If the team is half as pumped at the fans are (especially the ones on here who are TRUE fans) this Saturday at BDS is going to be one for the books!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok you coaxed a response from me just to add to the numbers here attending.

Will be trying to write feverishly during the day (or just late through Friday night and then sleeping in late). Then heading to the game probably only a couple hours early to catch YJ Alley, etc.

I haven't pm'ed him yet but may try and stop by @GTNavyNuke's tailgate as I recall his saying it is right there at Peter's, and I owe him thanks for having provided me with an extra ticket to the game against Southern.

Looking forward to seeing y'all. I be at the tailgate by about 3. Middle deck closest to players entrance. I'll probably have a vintage (35 year old) white Pi Kappa Phi jersey on.

First fly back from Seattle, Wrecking Bar Friday night, Saturday AM run, hang out with daughter, then tailgate & game with daughter and boyfriend (her's!).

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Driving up to ATL from Tallahassee on Friday after work. Hit Stripling's on the way to buy a pound of beef jerky and maybe some smoked sausage for Saturday. Tailgating on campus all day. It doesn't get much better than this.

Bradley's Country Store, outside Tallahassee, beats Striplings sausage all day long!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Saturday plan is to chase my 2-year old around in the morning and give my wife a brief reprieve from the little rascal. Afternoon is an Octoberfest party with a bunch of gearheads. Then I drop the wife and son at home and head for my favorite riverside bar here in Tampa. I may be the lone GT fan in the place, but will stand tall against the Miami fans. If y'all are in Tampa, I will be parked at the inside bar at Rick's on the River.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Good man @TampaBuzz. Keep up the good fight! I moved up to DC last year (after football season) and have been watching games from all over the US this year with work travel, but I always wear my GT Gear.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Heading to a local video game conference (SIEGE) in the A.M. wearing my white GT hooded sweatshirt. I will try to network appropriately and think about something besides BEATING MIAMI until around 4pm, where I will speed to my place in Home Park (I work at GT now, it saves me a murderous Atlanta commute). From there, I will walk to campus and tailgate with the actives at my fraternity.

One of my classmates from graduate school, who is from India, is attending his first game tonight and will meet us there. I've been hounding him since Fall 2013 to go, but he picked a good one.

We'll all head to Bobby Dodd Stadium around 7pm and warm up our vocal cords. I expect to be hoarse by the end.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Me, I'm coaching my 8 yr old's 5 on 5 flag football game in the morning. Unfortunately, pitching the ball is not legal. It's all good, I put a receiver in motion every play like he's an Aback and either hand it off to him on the end around or use it as a fake handoff to set up the plethora of other plays I've designed off it.

Then it's off to the beach condo. The wife and I recently closed on a two story townhouse condo out at the beach (Jax beach). No internet or cable service, but I've been able to watch ESPN on my tv by linking it to my laptop that's getting a wifi signal off my wife's cell phone.

While tapping my sand covered toes to Marley's Three Little Birds, I'll watch my kids play in the surf from the vantage of my umbrella shaded beach chair while downing a few ice cold Corona Lights, with a lime, of course. (I'll whip up a batch of fresh lime squeezed mojitos for the Mrs.) Maybe an Italian sub for lunch followed by some boogy boarding if the waves are right or a dip in the pool if I feel so inclined. Then around 6 or so I'll fire up the grill for some juicy rib eyes and baked sweet potatoes right before kick off. Then it's all business.

What ya'll got planned?

actual beach view

ISxzpzvkg9mubz0000000000.jpg

I'll be sitting in Sec 210 watching the Jackets with the ATL skyline in the background.

Then afterwards it will be what's left of my high school reunion.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
He knows! We were working on a group project last year while I was streaming the Virginia game and I explained the basics to him (in between blasts of salty language after each turnover).