Saturday's agendas, let's hear 'em.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Me, I'm coaching my 8 yr old's 5 on 5 flag football game in the morning. Unfortunately, pitching the ball is not legal. It's all good, I put a receiver in motion every play like he's an Aback and either hand it off to him on the end around or use it as a fake handoff to set up the plethora of other plays I've designed off it.

Then it's off to the beach condo. The wife and I recently closed on a two story townhouse condo out at the beach (Jax beach). No internet or cable service, but I've been able to watch ESPN on my tv by linking it to my laptop that's getting a wifi signal off my wife's cell phone.

While tapping my sand covered toes to Marley's Three Little Birds, I'll watch my kids play in the surf from the vantage of my umbrella shaded beach chair while downing a few ice cold Corona Lights, with a lime, of course. (I'll whip up a batch of fresh lime squeezed mojitos for the Mrs.) Maybe an Italian sub for lunch followed by some boogy boarding if the waves are right or a dip in the pool if I feel so inclined. Then around 6 or so I'll fire up the grill for some juicy rib eyes and baked sweet potatoes right before kick off. Then it's all business.

What ya'll got planned?

actual beach view

ISxzpzvkg9mubz0000000000.jpg

Last edited:

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Sounds great but I'd swap out those Corona lights for Landsharks if I'm at the beach. Since I'm not, the wife (Dawgs fan) and I are going to be grilling and into the BL's on Saturday. I'll have my Vandy face on during her game and my punch'em in the face shirt on during ours.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Get up and get breakfast at the diner. Then get car detailed. Home to watch football all afternoon, make a mess of chicken wings to eat just before the game. Quite a few drinks here and there. Celebrate a Tech victory!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
staying W midtown friday and saturday night, just don't feel like driving from marietta
dinner partying in midtown friday night
spa appointment saturday morning
tailgating around noon or 1
game
celebrate tech win probably at spring street ballet or midtown clubs
go home sunday morning

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Still negotiating the menu for the tailgate amongst our group, and what time to get to campus. 8 professional adults have wildly varied schedules you know? I'm not worried at all about that part, just the game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wake up. Think about doing all the yard work that needs to be done. Sit on the couch for a bit before finally doing yard work. Accomplish half of what I wanted to for the day and then start watching football.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
staying W midtown friday and saturday night, just don't feel like driving from marietta
dinner partying in midtown friday night
spa appointment saturday morning
tailgating around noon or 1
game
celebrate tech win probably at spring street ballet or midtown clubs
go home sunday morning
Sounds good! The W in Buckhead has a cool rooftop terrace bar, I knocked a few back up there a few moons ago. Not sure if the midtown version has one or not.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Driving up to ATL from Tallahassee on Friday after work. Hit Stripling's on the way to buy a pound of beef jerky and maybe some smoked sausage for Saturday. Tailgating on campus all day. It doesn't get much better than this.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll be entering a beer into my first brewing competition in Memphis. Will hear the results and taste the competition in a little brew festival. Then it's off to watch the game. I'm gonna grill something good; I just don't know what, yet.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Sleep in (yes!!!!!).
Food prep.
Put on my best white GT stuff.
Pack up the car and head into campus.
Eat, drink, be merry!
Greet team at Yellow Jacket Alley.
Eat more, drink more, be more merrier!
Go into stadium and be loud while watching Tech kick some butt (I hope).
Drink victory bourbon from our Tech flask back at the tailgate.
Make @GTpdm drive me home because I am drunk.
:woot:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Geez, Cheez, you're making me covetous.

Myself, wanted to go to the game, but I'm finding that a 11-month old is totally changing my plans for fall saturdays. I've got 2 season tickets, but I'm having to give them away pretty much every Saturday. So, ... my wife and I are planning on taking our little girl to the Perry Fair to see the animals, walk around a little, have a funnel cake along with 2 other couples with kids from our church. Then we're all going back to the house and bar-b-que'ing and watching the game. Should be a fun time.

But, man... that beach house story ... good for you man.

Last edited:

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
6:30 - Off to Columbia, SC to run the USMC Ultimate Challenge with three buddies.
Around 12:30 - to in-laws to grab the kids and go to a birthday part (wife is out of town).
Around 4:00 - home to catch a quick nap
5:30 - feed kids
7:00 - kids to bed
7:15 - parked in front of the TV

Man, it's going to be a long day

Animal02

Banned
Raking leaves etc in the morning (High of low 50's forecast.....may have to turn the furnaces as well) Ribs in the oven.....Then keep an eye on the VT/UNC game, throw the ribs on the grill, then settle in front of the new toy......75" TV (I have really enjoyed this football season this year) Cheering on a Tech win.

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
Go to son's baseball game at 1pm, then, off to daughter's soccer game and then, to BDS for the 7:30 kickoff.