Rumor Mills

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Anything to add, @I am a b 2 ? We're rooting for your boy's return. Any fire to this smoke?
fireout_181090_7.jpg shut tht **** down.jpg

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
absolutely - maybe not everyone wants to slam into other large men for the next 10 years. Get the degree, Shamire - you have earned it so far!

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I worry for Shamire. He can't keep weight down with all the football practice and games so what happens when he no longer has to "try" to eat right? What will he weigh a year from now?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
What we need most is a layoff at the Rumor Mill.

This is the best advice. All you're going to do is drive yourself crazy over something you have absolutely no control over, all the while, you have to have faith that our Coaches are aware of what's happening with the players (before anyone asks, I'm not confirming anything, just making a general statement), and are taking all steps possible to support them.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is the best advice. All you're going to do is drive yourself crazy over something you have absolutely no control over, all the while, you have to have faith that our Coaches are aware of what's happening with the players (before anyone asks, I'm not confirming anything, just making a general statement), and are taking all steps possible to support them.
I'm going to go ahead and ask, can you confirm something please? :p

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
but haven't you heard of the scores of old men patrolling our stadium telling children they don't know the school colors because they have navy on or to sit down rather than stand at games?!

The kiddo and I had this happen to us because we were not wearing "old gold".
I was flabbergasted that this old man would ask my child "what the hell were we wearing Navy for?"

He almost got throat punched by his own walking stick

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I was Dean's list first year and darn near flunked out after my sophom0re year. Situations change each year. The curriculum gets tougher plus expectations of the faculty increases and that first year charity seems to wane. There may have been even more intensity by the coach this year as he did not want to end up with another 3-9 year. GT is hard enough without FB and with an angry head coach on top of that, it could have been a brutal year. If we start seeing wholesale transfers, then we have an internal problem that the AD needs to address. GT is even more rigorous now than it was when I was there. There are very high standards expected in the classroom as well as on the football field.

You must have gone to a different GT than I went to. When I was at Tech in the 1970's, there was close to a 50% freshman attrition rate. Tech was proud of it. Goodbye GT, Hello Viet Nam. There was no first year charity--or any other year. GT is not more rigorous than when I went there.

Now GT brags about a high retention rate. For 2011 freshmen, 95% after the freshman year and 88% after 4 years. (Source: GT website). The numbers have been steadily increasing over the years.

I get sick of the "we can't recruit because of academics" argument. We have more and easier majors and grade inflation as compared to the late 80's when Ross and Cremins were having success at recruiting. . And no GT coach has been more demanding than Boss Ross.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You must have gone to a different GT than I went to. When I was at Tech in the 1970's, there was close to a 50% freshman attrition rate. Tech was proud of it. Goodbye GT, Hello Viet Nam. There was no first year charity--or any other year. GT is not more rigorous than when I went there.

Now GT brags about a high retention rate. For 2011 freshmen, 95% after the freshman year and 88% after 4 years. (Source: GT website). The numbers have been steadily increasing over the years.

I get sick of the "we can't recruit because of academics" argument. We have more and easier majors and grade inflation as compared to the late 80's when Ross and Cremins were having success at recruiting. . And no GT coach has been more demanding than Boss Ross.
Well, the proof is in the pudding. When we have studs leaving because of grades, it shows me academics hinder our recruiting. Seriously, how can we say it doesn't affect us. If a kid is not into academics and doesn't want to try hard in class do you think he's coming to GT? Probably not, therefore it affects our recruiting and makes our pool of guys we have a chance for shrink, and I would imagine it makes it shrink majorly, especially when it comes to the big time recruits. In the 80's I don't think kids were as materialistic as they are now either so picking the "cool" school wasn't as big in their decisions. Things have changed a lot with kids over the years.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

That's probably because it's so much harder now to get in at Tech. Tech is getting the brightest and best, and they are surviving better than we did back in our day......days