Rumor Mills

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, I got spanked pretty hard before when I shared info I had pulled from multiple sources (I based my posts on multiple sources, including ones that could be found by anyone without subscriptions if they had the time to look but it didn't matter), so I dropped off the site for a while. I really don't want to get back into that position if I can help it; hope you understand. I post updated links to relevant stories on my Twitter site several times a day, if that helps any.

I get where you're coming from...I was just being sarcastic.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
, I believe the potential incoming transfers will excite more than the remaining freshmen slots; and those names should come out after the Bowl.

This is certainly interesting. I'd say we've had success in taking transfers. An upperclassmen that could help on defense (line or lb) would be nice.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
IIUC, the administration only steps in with mandatory discipline in pretty limited situations. Sleeping through a practice wouldn't be one of them.

Think about it. The punishments would be the same for any student. All students don't have "practice" and practice isn't "class".

I know, for example, failed drug tests are handled by the administration. I'm not sure if arrests are always handled by the administration but I believe certain alleged acts are. Hopefully someone else can chime in with better info.

There should be mandatory and obligatory punishment carried out for certain offense whether it be drugs, getting in fights, assault, breaking curfew, etc and it should be carried out equally regardless of who did it. When you look the other way, you get uga or f$u that are willing to compromise integrity so depending on the player, the punishment can be carried out or not and if the player is a marquee one, you see cases where they just look the other way. CPJ isn't one of them.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I got spanked pretty hard before when I shared info I had pulled from multiple sources (I based my posts on multiple sources, including ones that could be found by anyone without subscriptions if they had the time to look but it didn't matter), so I dropped off the site for a while. I really don't want to get back into that position if I can help it; hope you understand. I post updated links to relevant stories on my Twitter site several times a day, if that helps any.
To clarify the history and ensure you are comfortable posting any and all free information... Attention was drawn by a member of the board to potential pay information that you posted in a recruiting thread. The easiest reply is to link any one of the "multiple sources that could be found by anyone without subscriptions". We encourage that going forward, otherwise as a Moderator I am inclined to believe that a defense that equates to "you just have to believe me" is in fact masking pay info.

Does that make sense? I mentioned this before, didn't receive a reply and assumed all is good. If there are still issues or a hesitancy, I am happy to discuss privately rather than across threads, particularly if there was an issue you feel is not reconciled.

We appreciate your contributions and promotion of all things GT - they are an asset. From experience I recognize it is not easy to cull GT info, the free stuff online and personal sources. Please keep up the good work.