Rumor Mills

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Hard to understand how a player like Shamire has a great game, in my estimation, vs VT (they tend to give our OL trouble) and hardly plays vs UVA & ugag.

Perhaps he was not ankle biting enough? Sewak may still need some examination on some issues. We have done better this year on pass blocking (thank goodness coz passing saved our butt), and many think we do better with drive blocking vs ankle biting.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope so. I quite quickly went from Dean's List to them telling me, "Uh son, if you're gpa isn't at least here ___ next semester, you gone."

I kinda shaped up after that.

that happened to me. I joined the army. had to sit out a year from school and was like welp, I need to do something productive. 13 years later, still in the army.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't understand how we had such a good season with a bunch of players that didn't want to be here or having a lot of off the field issues. Guess it's a testament to how good our coaching staff is.
I’d rather have a cohesive group of offensive lineman than a stud BB any day. So far we have a young group working together and only getting better. Put that with a QB that can run the offense and a couple playmakers like Lynch and we’ll survive even if Q Fro is starting at BB next year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
many think we do better with drive blocking vs ankle biting.

Weasel_Words_4835.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Anything to add, @I am a b 2 ? We're rooting for your boy's return. Any fire to this smoke?
In the bowl game I sure hope w let Jordan qb some with Devine at rg.
When he down blocks at pad level he makes a giant hole for midline.
Imo the defenses are leaving rg Un covered so we need a faster rg for lb blocking .

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but you know....the really hard classes at Tech had incredible curves if you took the right professors. I mean seriously...I remember getting a 53 or a 56 on a midterm and it was considered an A. That tool that shows the professor grade distributions was absolutely incredible. I always avoided professors with distributions skewed towards the low end, and I imagine the SA's are doing the same thing (at least I hope so).

Ha! I got a "30" in Gas Turbines and that was good enough for a B. Yes, incredible curves.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
when people crack on the offense they clearly don't know football and especially football at GT. This offense gives us the best chance to win. Just look at what CPJ has accomplished at GT. When others ask I just tell them to look up who leads the nation in explosive plays or TD's over 50 yards. Guess what - it's GT. Ask all the others like NC State fans -when is the last time they made the orange bowl or even an acc championship. LOL

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
the last part of that is very confrontational !!!
but haven't you heard of the scores of old men patrolling our stadium telling children they don't know the school colors because they have navy on or to sit down rather than stand at games?!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
It has been over 50 years but some still fresh memories of sweating it out waiting on grades and getting 40 to 60 which could be C to A. My first college C and D were at GT after graduating Cum Laude At Sewanee then 6 years in the Navy as an officer with my partying days over and committed to studying. I hated open book tests.

every prof who gave me an open book test did not grade on the curve. was that how it was with you?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You guys know how much of a fan I am of Shamire. From what I understand, he's the epitome of a gentle giant. He's also the prototypical "GT Student" if you didn't think of him as a football player.

I just hope he can find the fire for the football because he has the physical tools and talent to use football for an incredible future. If he's lost his love for the game, I understand that as well...but atleast use football to finish your degree and give yourself a means towards a great profession.

I'm rooting for you big guy! You got this!