Rothstein . . .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gotta love how he keeps putting out the preemptive strike twits trying to sound like he's genuinely happy about what we're doing. Probably checks the score on his phone, cues up twit with like 5 seconds left.

Why should he be happy about what we or any other team is doing? I have a twitter account and realize that by not fully immersing myself in it that my life is not as full as it should be. {sarcasm?}

There is so much information out there which is put out with so little thought. The consequences of what Rothstein does could matter less to me. I won't follow or look at his stuff since it is attention he is after. But he is just creating a buzz and getting people to follow him in the sports entertainment industry.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why should he be happy about what we or any other team is doing? I have a twitter account and realize that by not fully immersing myself in it that my life is not as full as it should be. {sarcasm?}

There is so much information out there which is put out with so little thought. The consequences of what Rothstein does could matter less to me. I won't follow or look at his stuff since it is attention he is after. But he is just creating a buzz and getting people to follow him in the sports entertainment industry.

I'm not following you. No one thinks he should be happy about anything. I'm simply stating that I find it funny that he tweets about our wins in an effort to stave off the onslaught of people chiding him about his asinine prediction.

I highly doubt he was courting clicks when he made the statement about us going winless. We're not that kind of fanbase. It was just a ridiculous statement.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not following you. No one thinks he should be happy about anything. I'm simply stating that I find it funny that he tweets about our wins in an effort to stave off the onslaught of people chiding him about his asinine prediction.

I highly doubt he was courting clicks when he made the statement about us going winless. We're not that kind of fanbase. It was just a ridiculous statement.

In your post, you had "Gotta love how he keeps putting out the preemptive strike twits trying to sound like he's genuinely happy about what we're doing. ........" So I was reacting to the "genuinely happy" part.

I think if someone went back through the 50 pages of the ACC Discussion post (https://gtswarm.com/threads/acc-discussion.4901/ ), one would find the consensus for wins of posters on this site was between 0 and 2 all season. With BC and Wake being the likely wins. I thought about doing a poll but didn't.

As to whether he was courting clicks or not in this particular case of GT, I don't know. But his business model is based on getting attention and followers I think. I'm not deep into the Twitter area so I may be wrong (again :jawdrop:).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In your post, you had "Gotta love how he keeps putting out the preemptive strike twits trying to sound like he's genuinely happy about what we're doing. ........" So I was reacting to the "genuinely happy" part.

I think if someone went back through the 50 pages of the ACC Discussion post (https://gtswarm.com/threads/acc-discussion.4901/ ), one would find the consensus for wins of posters on this site was between 0 and 2 all season. With BC and Wake being the likely wins. I thought about doing a poll but didn't.

As to whether he was courting clicks or not in this particular case of GT, I don't know. But his business model is based on getting attention and followers I think. I'm not deep into the Twitter area so I may be wrong (again :jawdrop:).

I got you. That was tinged in sarcasm. I don't care if he cares. I just think it's funny that he seems to be attempting to convey that he does.

It's true that expectations were low here. However, I always felt his statement that we'd go winless was akin more to a personal shot at CJP than it was any actual assessment of what he thought we'd be as a team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This morning I backed into the privilege an odd-timed fortune occurrence with Jon Rothstein as the upcoming guest on XM84's college sports station as I was driving in to work. Unfortunately Fortunately I did not have time to hear the whole interview.

In any case, I just knew there'd be a nugget we could cherish use to troll him in the future before I turned off the car. He was asked whether the ACC is the best conference in the country, or something to that effect.

His reply, which I recorded, verbatim: "The ACC is going to be in the position to challenge the old Big East in terms of the record of NCAA bids in which it had in 2011, when 11 teams got into the field 6 years ago. The difference between this ACC and the old Big East is, that teams at the bottom are significantly better in this year's ACC than they were in the 2011 Big East. Georgia Tech, a team that I really thought had a very low ceiling has already won 3 games including a road game last night at NC State. And Boston College has improved, you know obviously under Jim Christian, since late December the Eagles have already won a couple games. And those are the two teams that were picked 14th and 15th in the conference's preseason polls."

When are you going to own it Jon!? Weak weak weak...

He also said this year's ACC could be the best conference in the history of college basketball.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
zFHtEhN.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In the interest of providing both sides of the story, here's his mea culpa (of sorts) ....

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-files-acc-bringing-josh-pastner
This writer thought Georgia Tech would struggle to win a league game this season and many people who watched this team practice in the preseason agreed with the same sentiment.
Instead, the opposite has happened.

I guess this lets him off the hook, 'til the next dumb thing he says.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looking like we may have another twit to beef with as Dan Wolken says, in response to Rothstein shouting out Buckhead, STTE: "Oh please, GT's reach barely gets out past midtown."

F you, Dan.