Rothstein . . .

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
He's really annoying. He's now mentioning too often how he was so wrong. One time was enough for me. Move on and cover basketball now. Cover our team if you want, but shut up about how wrong you were and just cover how the team is playing, or however you would normally cover a team that is 13-8 with some really good wins.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Starting to feel a little like overkill. Is he going too far in his praise now? Lists us as his most surprising team. Check the weird wording of his response though.

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/roundtable-college-basketballs-gems-surprises-and-disappointments/

Eh, ah well. Good press is ... good I guess.

How about we blame the Clemson loss on Rothstein? Right when he goes all in on GT we lose. Like George Costanza... every instinct he has is wrong and the opposite outcome occurs.

I'll take the wins and hate. Both are more fun.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Starting to feel a little like overkill. Is he going too far in his praise now? Lists us as his most surprising team. Check the weird wording of his response though.

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/roundtable-college-basketballs-gems-surprises-and-disappointments/

Eh, ah well. Good press is ... good I guess.
Yeah, now he is getting defensive. But what is best, he is defending himself by saying that most everyone shared his opinion. That was always the point, why was he saying "book it" and generally being cocky about declaring Tech to be a bad team this year when no one expected them to be good? It was bizarre over-the-top and basically insulting behavior from the start, and that is why he got a lot of grief for it. He now calls it "a relatively strong take" on that which everyone agreed upon.

He is just another one of the currently popular faux victims on Twitter. First tweet something over-the-top or clearly outrageous, then when people and trolls dump on you for it, use their nasty remarks to prove you are an oppressed victim deserving of sympathy. I know how seductive social media can be to make us say extreme things, but either edit yourself to avoid that, or expect and accept the resulting negative attention.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
FWIW it's pretty humorous to see you guys get so worked up over some guy who tweets about college basketball. I would suggest that you have given more weight to what he's said and spent more time parsing every word and nuance than he has. He said what most everyone thought about this team. We may STILL have one of the weakest P5 rosters in the country. What Pastner has been able to do is get them to play hard, as a team, and overcome their shortcomings in many games. It IS a huge surprise. And we still aren't a lock for the NIT much less the NCAAs. On the strength of the roster, given what was known about this team in preseason we probably shouldn't have expected to win a game. So why was someone saying it so wrong?