Rothstein . . .

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Right now, I just hope we bring it against Duke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
At Cameron after Duke gets spanked by VT . . . I don't like our chances in that one. There are a lot of positives to take from this win over UNC but I don't think most of the fundamentals have changed that much. It does show that what is possible for this team is a bit higher ceiling than we would have assumed beforehand though.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Having seen every game so far - I agree ceiling may be a little higher than we thought at start of season (but not that high).
CJP's willingness to play a lot of zone (It is shocking to see us play man for more than a trip or two to mix it up at this point) is something I did not expect, but in hindsight a brilliant move and is what is keeping us in these games and let's Lammers stay out there 38 minutes. If a team gets hot from the outside, we have no answer - Wofford did in the second half, but we were able to shoot over 50 percent against them and hold on. I'll be happy if GT shoots 45 percent most nights - no hiding the fact this team is challenged to score.

In the remaining ACC games - I expect to see us get blown out about 1/3 of the time, keep it respectable 1/3 of the time, and have a chance to win the other 1/3 (we get hot, lucky, other team goes cold, etc.) - hoping we get 2-3 more ACC wins .... if we get to 6 ACC wins this season, Pastner should be ACC Coach of the Year.

My expectations are real low for what will happen at Duke Wednesday night ... but I'll keep going/supporting them as long as the kids play as hard as they did yesterday.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Having seen every game so far - I agree ceiling may be a little higher than we thought at start of season (but not that high).
CJP's willingness to play a lot of zone (It is shocking to see us play man for more than a trip or two to mix it up at this point) is something I did not expect, but in hindsight a brilliant move and is what is keeping us in these games and let's Lammers stay out there 38 minutes. If a team gets hot from the outside, we have no answer - Wofford did in the second half, but we were able to shoot over 50 percent against them and hold on. I'll be happy if GT shoots 45 percent most nights - no hiding the fact this team is challenged to score.

In the remaining ACC games - I expect to see us get blown out about 1/3 of the time, keep it respectable 1/3 of the time, and have a chance to win the other 1/3 (we get hot, lucky, other team goes cold, etc.) - hoping we get 2-3 more ACC wins .... if we get to 6 ACC wins this season, Pastner should be ACC Coach of the Year.

My expectations are real low for what will happen at Duke Wednesday night ... but I'll keep going/supporting them as long as the kids play as hard as they did yesterday.
I'm hoping that the Jackets can maybe make it to the Final Four of the NIT Tournament.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

A few here noted very early that zone is the way to go. Whether it's lack of depth, lack of players, or both (our case), it just makes a lot of sense. Kudos to CPast for going with it. It's been coached well and with many variations, which is the surprise for me.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hey hey. I'm not defending dumb**** Jon. Someone show me their bet on the money line.
I agree with this. Still Rothstein went overboard with the trolls and deserves what came to him.

The point where I still agree... this is a pretty bad P5 roster, man for man, compared to most I've seen. But contrary to popular opinion preseason, me being one, CPast with his staff have proven to be better X and O coaches than they were given credit for. CPast > Boeheim this year so far and it's not close, especially given the pieces they have to play with.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I agree with this. Still Rothstein went overboard with the trolls and deserves what came to him.

The point where I still agree... this is a pretty bad P5 roster, man for man, compared to most I've seen. But contrary to popular opinion preseason, me being one, CPast with his staff have proven to be better X and O coaches than they were given credit for. CPast > Boeheim this year so far and it's not close, especially given the pieces they have to play with.

Agreed. I have been impressed with the coaching of this team. We run multiple sets on both ends of the floor. A truly welcome change.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I understand. Gregory's teams had a knack for going 5-10 minutes without scoring suddenly in the 2nd half
How about in this game? Another win where a lead in the last 5-8 minutes was solidly protected and even built upon for another 12 point final margin. Were you still as nervous or are you beginning to recover some?

The coaches really have the team playing so hard. I loved the defense they played even in the last couple minutes, not giving up any easy shots when you would think the priority would be not risking stopping the clock for free throws.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
How about in this game? Another win where a lead in the last 5-8 minutes was solidly protected and even built upon for another 12 point final margin. Were you still as nervous or are you beginning to recover some?

The coaches really have the team playing so hard. I loved the defense they played even in the last couple minutes, not giving up any easy shots when you would think the priority would be not risking stopping the clock for free throws.

Biggest part. Late in games we are getting to the line and actually making them.