Roster Transition

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Like that defense a lot. What's the status of Jaquan getting more snaps somewhere?

Lee starts on the OL somewhere. Our OL is gonna be better in our new system imo.
I agree somewhat. To me , The LBs and DBs are solid. The DL, not so much.
On O, our WRs are average ( not enough separation, but great blockers :unsure:) and Souther is really unproven as a starter. Like you said , maybe Lee at OT.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
With a new system on both sides, what do you think the lineups will look like? Here’s mine.

Offense:
QB: James Graham, Lucas Johnson
RB: Jordan Mason, Jordan Howard
TE: Tyler Davis, Dylan Deveney
WR: Jalen Camp, Steve Dolphus
WR: Malachi Carter, Peje Harris
Slot: Adonicas Sanders, Jair Hawkins-Anderson
OT: Jacob defoor, Zach Quiney
OT: Jared Southers, Mikey Minihan
OG: Parker Braun, Austin Smith
OG: Connor Hansen, Micheal Maye
C: Kenny Cooper, Jahaziel Lee

Defense:
SDE: Antwan Owens, Quan Griffin
WDE: Justice Dingle, Sylvian Yondjouen
DT: Brandon Adams, TK Chimedza
DT: Brentavious Glanton, Chris Martin
ILB: Bruce Swilling, David Curry
OLB: Charlie Thomas, Jaquan Henderson
OLB: Quez Jackson, Jordan Domineck
SS: Tariq Carpenter, Kaleb Oliver
FS: Juanyeh Thomas, Christian Campbell
CB: Tre Swilling, Jaylon King
CB: Zamari Walton, Jaytlin Askew

Good thoughts.I believe the present WRs are going to feel a lot of heat from the new signees .They are talented .
I can't see Walton beating out Askew.
You don't think Benson is going to get back?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Good thoughts.I believe the present WRs are going to feel a lot of heat from the new signees .They are talented .
You don't think Banson is going to get back?
He might not practice till the fall which would put him behind learning a new system. Also, Walton will be able to play better in press coverage with his length imo, which is what CGC likes to play. I really like Askew though.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Offense:
WR: Malachi Carter, Jair Hawkins-Anderson
Slot: Adonicas Sanders, Nate Cottrell
OT: Jacob defoor, Charlie Clark
OT: Zach Quiney, Harrison Jump
OG: Connor Hansen, Boe Tuffle

Defense:
SDE: Antwan Owens, Kelton Dawson
WDE: Justice Dingle, Luke John
ILB: Bruce Swilling, Justice Dingle
CB: Zamari Walton, Ajani Kerr
N: Jaytlin Askew

Really need major help at D End and linebacker. I moved Dingle back to ILB although he could remain at DEnd. The defensive end position needs a lot of work.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If we win 8 next yr, Collins should be Coach of Yr. EVERY position has huge changes to make on Offense esp QB.. The DEF loses the front DL and also goes to new system/coaches. LOTS of moving parts.

Heck. I think anywhere from 5 to 10 wins is fairly possible. Will probably take 9 or 10 to get coach of the year. Anything more or less than 5-10 will garner extreme excitement either direction.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You don't think Benson is going to get back?

Did you watch Walton play this year? I thought his redshirt should’ve been yanked for Simmons

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If we win 8 next yr, Collins should be Coach of Yr. EVERY position has huge changes to make on Offense esp QB.. The DEF loses the front DL and also goes to new system/coaches. LOTS of moving parts.

8 is the expectation

Offense:

Defense:

Really need major help at D End and linebacker. I moved Dingle back to ILB although he could remain at DEnd. The defensive end position needs a lot of work.

Identical to mine but i think Johns go to TE and Dominick battling for that starting WDE spot

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense:

Defense:

I mostly agree. Ur missing Benson - 2017 2nd team all acc RB. I also don’t know about RT - I could see Braun moving there and playing some combination of Cooper, Lee, and Hansen inside.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the concerns about the OL are probably overblown. Two things:

• Over the last three years Tech has recruited bigger and taller OLs. I suspect this was due to the way double team and cut blocks are being more closely called. I think this will pay off as we change back to zone blocking. Provided, that is, that we keep drive blocking.

• The kind of blocking we have run for the last 11 years was based on flexibility and speed. The recruiting reflected that. This will not - repeat not - be a disadvantage going forward. Indeed, I think we'll be surprised how little change in blocking technique there will be. Major difference = less emphasis on second level blocks. But not much, especially on the back side.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that the concerns about the OL are probably overblown. Two things:

• Over the last three years Tech has recruited bigger and taller OLs. I suspect this was due to the way double team and cut blocks are being more closely called. I think this will pay off as we change back to zone blocking. Provided, that is, that we keep drive blocking.

• The kind of blocking we have run for the last 11 years was based on flexibility and speed. The recruiting reflected that. This will not - repeat not - be a disadvantage going forward. Indeed, I think we'll be surprised how little change in blocking technique there will be. Major difference = less emphasis on second level blocks. But not much, especially on the back side.
If we’re talking zone blocking, watch an Alex Gibbs Zone Blocking YouTube video. He’ll talk about the OLine playing as a unit, and yes, a lot of next-level blocks. The difference between zone next level blocks and the option is that the option blocks are designed as next level, whereas the zone is designed to take a DL and LB combo...where one of the OLmen will release or take the blitzing LB. That’s a different look / feel from firing off the LOS.