Rose Bowl

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, about that... I was watching it pretty intensely. And in the same ridiculousness as Rodrigo's goggles, at the end when it got high time, I was wishing for the dwags to pull through. There I said it. It must be the state of Georgia thing.

Now I will go to a corner and hang my head down in shame.

@stech81 is right. @laoh , if you don't get help at Charter, please .... get help somewhere.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
And regarding the upcoming game, I just said it's heard to pick a side in a fight between Hitler and Stalin - though for one day, I will be rooting for the Red Menace...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty bad. Since we're shaming ourselves, I'll go next...

My wife is a Georgia grad. A few years ago we made a pact that we'd go to the championship game if either of our teams made it. Probably a little short sighted on my part, since they are much better set up for this sort of thing. So as if rooting against the dwags wasn't enough on Monday, I was also rooting to save the ridiculous amount of money I've been forced to spend on tickets to the game. But hey, we get Tech season tickets every year, so I guess it's the least I can do.

But yeah, I'll be there Monday night...and because I love my wife to death I'll be doling out high fives when they make big plays. But as they say, a zebra can't change it's stripes...so on the inside it will be roll...damn...tide...

On the bright side, it should be a pretty damn cool experience!
I went to law school at UGA after graduating from Tech. Took my white and gold umbrella with me to UGA games when the weather looked bad. Have never and would never pull for UGA under any circumstances. There. I said it.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
My boss (in Utah) asked in our weekly department conference call if I was happy that georgia won. I was very quick to inform him that it made me about to barf and "to hell with goergia."
He then replied "well I guess you'll be cheering for Alabama then," and I said that I'll probably boycott watching as that game represents all that is soul-less and bad in college football.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That's pretty bad. Since we're shaming ourselves, I'll go next...

My wife is a Georgia grad. A few years ago we made a pact that we'd go to the championship game if either of our teams made it. Probably a little short sighted on my part, since they are much better set up for this sort of thing. So as if rooting against the dwags wasn't enough on Monday, I was also rooting to save the ridiculous amount of money I've been forced to spend on tickets to the game. But hey, we get Tech season tickets every year, so I guess it's the least I can do.

But yeah, I'll be there Monday night...and because I love my wife to death I'll be doling out high fives when they make big plays. But as they say, a zebra can't change it's stripes...so on the inside it will be roll...damn...tide...

On the bright side, it should be a pretty damn cool experience!
You poor soul. I volunteered to be part of the halftime show, so I'll be there too. Just for this game, ROLL TIDE!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I have only one wish.

That the starting 22 players and the entire coaching staffs of both teams walk onto the field, succumb to massive cases of diarrhea, soil themselves on national TV, and are forced to cancel the game, hence forfeiting any chance to win the MNC. These two schools are 1 (Bammer) and 2 (Ugag) on my all time hate list.

But that's unlikely to happen. Too bad.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
]
I have only one wish.

That the starting 22 players and the entire coaching staffs of both teams walk onto the field, succumb to massive cases of diarrhea, soil themselves on national TV, and are forced to cancel the game, hence forfeiting any chance to win the MNC. These two schools are 1 (Bammer) and 2 (Ugag) on my all time hate list.

But that's unlikely to happen. Too bad.

Last edited:

Mihalak

Georgia Tech Fan
My dad and I are huge tech fans of course. However, my sister went to UGA. My dad begrudgingly supported her. When anyone brought up to her how school was going, dad would say "she's doing great at Auburn." At Christmas, he even bought her a bunch of Auburn fan gear! He refused to acknowledge she went to UGA. Jeez I love my dad!

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
When I was at Tech (58 - 62), THE big game from the perspective of most students I knew, was the Auburn game.... probably because Auburn was a powerhouse and Georgia wasn't, and because some students went home for Thanksgiving and didn't see the game. But we didn't hate Auburn. Just a big rivalry game kinda like Clemson is today. The hate thing really started with Alabama and the Chick Granning/Darwin Holt incident. Nevertheless, ROLL TIDE!!

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Pulling for UGA because they are in the State of Georgia would be like pulling for the Devil because he’s in the Bible.

Pull yourself together and get ready for 2018. [emoji3]

I stole your quote and submitted it to AJC and said it wasn't my idea, but I couldn't give you proper credit since we use user named...it was used as click bait in the header on the GT news now FB post and was in the article on the AJC

. I've used it all week. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk