Rose Bowl

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
When I was at Tech (58 - 62), THE big game from the perspective of most students I knew, was the Auburn game.... probably because Auburn was a powerhouse and Georgia wasn't, and because some students went home for Thanksgiving and didn't see the game. But we didn't hate Auburn. Just a big rivalry game kinda like Clemson is today. The hate thing really started with Alabama and the Chick Granning/Darwin Holt incident. Nevertheless, ROLL TIDE!!
I was there the same years. You are correct sir.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
That's pretty bad. Since we're shaming ourselves, I'll go next...

My wife is a Georgia grad. A few years ago we made a pact that we'd go to the championship game if either of our teams made it. Probably a little short sighted on my part, since they are much better set up for this sort of thing. So as if rooting against the dwags wasn't enough on Monday, I was also rooting to save the ridiculous amount of money I've been forced to spend on tickets to the game. But hey, we get Tech season tickets every year, so I guess it's the least I can do.

But yeah, I'll be there Monday night...and because I love my wife to death I'll be doling out high fives when they make big plays. But as they say, a zebra can't change it's stripes...so on the inside it will be roll...damn...tide...

On the bright side, it should be a pretty damn cool experience!

I'm sorry man. My wife went to uga. My brother, two sisters, brother in law, and father in law all went to uga. No way in hell I would ever high-five a uga play, unless it uga fumbling it away. I've always respected my wife and not actively rooted against uga in her presence, until the Rose Bowl. She told me that she knows how much I despise uga and she would not care if I vocally rooted against uga. My wife is more than welcome to purge on championship tickets if she wants, but she's also 9 months pregnant, soooo.

State of Georgia thing? I have lived here my whole life. Zero percent of me wants them to succeed. They are arrogant enough when they haven't earned the right o be, now they're on the verge of re-upping another 5 decades of living in the glory of their last national championship.