Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I think bwelbo placed KCH’s tweet in the right thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far out in the twitterverse, I see CPJ, McCollum, Candeto, Buzz visiting players... trying to keep a running list of those I don't see evidence of out on the recruiting trail...

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Funny how Dukes defense had trouble with Army's offense the week prior to playing Tech, but yet Tech with superior talent than Army and the coach that is the expert and God Father to the triple option got shut out in the second half by that same hapless Duke defense that could not handle Army. Comparisons suck when they don't help your argument or help counter your logic.

Army was also shutout in the second half by Duke... Army 21 points GT 20 (so yes they did outscore us vs duke by 1). Army allowed 16 points (7 on a punt return TD) and forced 2 turnovers while GT allowed 43 points. Both Army and GT had 1 TO on offense. GT with superior talent on defense than Army got rolled over by the same hapless Duke offense that could not handle Army.

Comparisons suck when they don't help your argument.

I feel like the take away from the Duke game is Cutcliffe owned us on every side of the ball, so trying to place blame on one side or the other of that game is just dumb.

Reactions: Eli
Simplify or adjust? I know CPJ has said in interviews he's asked CTR to change certain things, but I don't recall him saying to simplify. He did say that about Groh quite often.
I don't know if the word "simplify" came out of CPJ's mouth, but it WAS used considerably last year regarding the defense, so somebody said it, and I don't just mean somebody on The Swarm

Deleted member 2897

I don't know if the word "simplify" came out of CPJ's mouth, but it WAS used considerably last year regarding the defense, so somebody said it, and I don't just mean somebody on The Swarm

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/g...eep-simple-make-plays/JhH8TT8KgAtviveFWf4PlO/

The players revolted mid-way through the 2016 season. The felt there were so many checks off checks off checks (my words) that it was slowing them down from playing aggressively and confidently. It worked really well the last 4 games of the season. This year, there was a mark-ed difference (to me) from when we played aggressive to when we laid back several yards off the line. That is kind of a separate topic, but I'm sure also part of the frustration. 1 item we seem to have improved. 1 item left that (again, to me) we have ample data to show we need to change. I have no idea why we haven't yet.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
So far out in the twitterverse, I see CPJ, McCollum, Candeto, Buzz visiting players... trying to keep a running list of those I don't see evidence of out on the recruiting trail...
I’ve been tracking this too. I know Roof and Speed were on the road Monday but haven’t seen anything since. I think a big hint will be which coaches PJ travels with.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I just don’t see this. I suppose, if you’re just comparing our DL to the one we had under Groh, that we do have relatively “more talent”. But, compared to the better teams on our schedule, our DL has not been talented enough for many years, especially in terms of pass rush.

I'm referring to better over a 4, maybe 6 year period. Pass rush still woefully inadequate but much tougher in the middle than the last few years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Preston and Roof were together in Gwinnett on Monday. I know that for a fact. But it's gonna be kinda hard to find much info on this as it's generally not reported.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I'm referring to better over a 4, maybe 6 year period. Pass rush still woefully inadequate but much tougher in the middle than the last few years.

Maybe. But still not good enough to put fear into many QBs.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
GTSWARM should set up a link that appears like a thread title at the top of each forum page where members can easily donate to GT.

Make it a constant in your face option for everyone who posts here.
But some other poster on GTSWARM should set it up!:)

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
It does register. However, I keep seeing posts from people who say:

The school should put up more money so I can be happier watching football.
The students should pay more money so I can be happier watching football.
Some rich alumni people who I don't know should put up more money so I can be happier watching football.

What I haven't heard is anyone saying they were personally going to donate more, or encourage others to donate more, or do anything to help raise funds except moan about nobody else doing anything. In contrast, there are posts about the GTAA needing to reduce ticket prices, reduce concessions prices, and reduce parking prices. It seems that everybody wants someone else to pay for their entertainment.
GTSWARM should set up a link that appears like a thread title at the top of each forum page where members can easily donate to GT.

Make it a constant in your face option for everyone who posts here.
But some other GTSWARM poster should set it up!:)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He's going to change how he prepares and how he handles himself off the field. Did you read the post? Nothing to do with a coach.
Did you read @dressedcheeseside post? He said nothing about a coach change. Also in the twitter post that dressedcheeseide was commenting on, it said nothing about how he handles himself off the field or changing how he prepares. So the twitter post is kinda cryptic when he says doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity without elaborating on what he's talking about.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Did you read @dressedcheeseside post? He said nothing about a coach change. Also in the twitter post that dressedcheeseide was commenting on, it said nothing about how he handles himself off the field or changing how he prepares. So the twitter post is kinda cryptic when he says doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity without elaborating on what he's talking about.
My bad. Thought was talking about the one from Instagram.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

When Groh was DC, CPJ did, in fact, tell him to simplify it at least once, maybe more. And he did, but to no avail. I thought one of Roof's advantages over Groh was that he had a simpler defensive philosophy already.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When Groh was DC, CPJ did, in fact, tell him to simplify it at least once, maybe more. And he did, but to no avail. I thought one of Roof's advantages over Groh was that he had a simpler defensive philosophy already.
Groh was a crappy DC, but he brought in some ballers.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Groh's issue was more inflexibility than simplification. He insisted on 2-gapping our lineman when we clearly didn't have the personelle for it at the time. It's actually a good scheme that most of the Saban tree uses as well, but you really need a NT and DEs that can two gap. I've also always wondered if this was an underlying issue with our Strength and Conditioning not being able to take guys who had the frame for this defense and making them ideal to play it. We definitely had dudes that should have been able to play NT but it never worked out.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You know for supposedly having academics that force us to have a higher bar for our athletes we seems to have a ton of problems with things being too complicated quite often.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If Roof and CPJ do part ways, one guy I've been high on is Erik Chinander of UCF. Scott Frost gets all the pub, but UCF's defense has been pretty darn good the last 2 years. Defensive FEI of 10 in 2016, and FEI of 16 this year. Young guy that plays a multiple attacking style defense. Plays to his talent, and believes heavily in developing talent. Oh, and he's only making $425,000 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.