Richt's gone

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One thing I've always heard is with Richt being from Miami and playing at Boca Raton high school, he had very strong recruiting for UGA in Miami who's highschools could build college champions. UGA might lose this well of talent with richt now pulling them to stay at home. Yes, the state of georgia has plenty of talent to obviously but anything that hurts UGA is good in my book.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Richt will help mold Miami's O into a juggernaut. He has all the ingredients on O already.

The question will be from the D.

He'll also put the claps on S. Florida. as a recruiter. I wonder if Randy Shannon will be forgiven and return to coach the D.
Willie Martinez

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Just heard that Richt will not coach the mutts' bowl game. I assume that means that he WILL coach the Miami bowl game. Would be awesome if they play each other, which COULD happen
Usually when this happens the interim still coaches the bowl game. Richt will probably just be in attendance. It happened last year with Florida. Muschamp was fired and McElwain was already hired but they let the interim coach do the Florida bowl game and McElwain just hung out and did an interview for tv.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Usually when this happens the interim still coaches the bowl game. Richt will probably just be in attendance. It happened last year with Florida. Muschamp was fired and McElwain was already hired but they let the interim coach do the Florida bowl game and McElwain just hung out and did an interview for tv.

It happened here. Tenuta coached our bowl game, and CPJ was a bystander for the most...and that's just the way Tenuta wanted it (ahem).

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
It happened here. Tenuta coached our bowl game, and CPJ was a bystander for the most...and that's just the way Tenuta wanted it (ahem).
haha yeah I guess it would have made more sense to just go with us for the example. For some reason the Florida one was just the first to pop in my head.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
So Richt is not gone, just moved down the road. We will still see him every year.

I watched the tape of his introduction, you would have thought it was the Second Coming. He did make one statement of basic truth, "I know more about being a head coach now than I did 15 years ago when Georgia hired me."

So, the question: Who made the best hire, UM or UGA?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The UGAg grad here at work just told me that Eason has decided to stay committed to the Dwags.

UGA's new OC Jim Chaney is actually pretty darn good and well respected within the coaching community. Eason will get to play with stud skill players, and he will probably be the starting QB for UGA in 2016. He was set on UGA for the past 2 years. I can understand why he stayed with them.

Personally, I would have went to either UM and played for Harbaugh, or UF and played for McElwain. Both guys are QB whisperers, and both programs are on the way up. He would have been the favorite to win the starting job at both places as well.

I guess we will see how Eason's career will unfold first hand. I hope it ends 0-4 against GT.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UGA's new OC Jim Chaney is actually pretty darn good and well respected within the coaching community. Eason will get to play with stud skill players, and he will probably be the starting QB for UGA in 2016. He was set on UGA for the past 2 years. I can understand why he stayed with them.

Personally, I would have went to either UM and played for Harbaugh, or UF and played for McElwain. Both guys are QB whisperers, and both programs are on the way up. He would have been the favorite to win the starting job at both places as well.

I guess we will see how Eason's career will unfold first hand. I hope it ends 0-4 against GT.
When my co-worker gave me the news I couldn't help but say something like "I guess the money man got to him". He kind of laughed & said probably so. :rolleyes: