Richt's gone

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If Richt takes Eason with him to Miami, the mutt faithful might have a different opinion of him. I doubt that happens, but I also doubt that Eason ends up at the cesspool either.
He is set to report in a few weeks to Athens, right? And his phone has been ringing off the hook since Sunday from some big time schools. He's got quite a bit of info to process and make up his mind in a relatively short period of time. That's some pressure right there for an 18 yo.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
He is set to report in a few weeks to Athens, right? And his phone has been ringing off the hook since Sunday from some big time schools. He's got quite a bit of info to process and make up his mind in a relatively short period of time. That's some pressure right there for an 18 yo.

Have seen several times that if he doesn't enroll, UGA could face scholarship sanctions. Can anyone explain why? That seems kind of odd...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He signed financial papers which gave ugag unlimited recruiting access to him, even during dead periods. if he doesn't sign then they get penalized for that (all of a sudden) illegal access toa recruit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He signed financial papers which gave ugag unlimited recruiting access to him, even during dead periods. if he doesn't sign then they get penalized for that (all of a sudden) illegal access toa recruit.

I am so rooting for this to happen. Even if he signs with Miami, it'd be worth it just to see the dawgs have to take that hit.

Interesting. I didn't know that. He said several weeks ago, when rumors first started flying about Richt, that he would not come if Richt wasn't there. So this could very well take an interesting turn. Oh, how I hope so !!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Richt's creepy little bedside surprise visit was during a dead period

This whole thing is really strange. Apparently the parents did not accompany the kid on his recent OV to UF. Were in Athens instead? Perhaps the 'rents have been bought and paid for whereas the kid's check hasn't cleared yet?

{ETA: I had some really unsavory comments regarding that illegal, late night meeting I decided to omit.}

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Thanks...really seems like an odd rule but I guess if the the school options to not make illegal contact they would not get penalized.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Richt will help mold Miami's O into a juggernaut. He has all the ingredients on O already.

The question will be from the D.

He'll also put the claps on S. Florida. as a recruiter. I wonder if Randy Shannon will be forgiven and return to coach the D.

From everything I read, Richt is a very upstanding, religious man. I cannot imagine him putting the claps on S. Florida as a recruiter (TIC).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What does he take to MIAMI that will impact gt verses uga for 4-5 years.

His in ga recruiting contacts?
Subtraction is Addition?

Check this I could be wrong.
We both recruit primarily within 200 miles. He will still have good contacts and will get recruits away from new uga.
Perhaps we could get a fee like the transfer rb.

If Pruitt follows there go a bunch of alabama recruiting contacts as well. He was high school (Hoover ) coach 7 years ago and then was recruiting guy for ala

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Very true. But he's come in 1st or 2nd 11 of his 15 years at UGA. Remember, he had to contend with Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, and Phillip Fulmer during his tenure at UGA. I don't see any of those type of coaches in the Coastal.

FWIW, I've looked at the last three years of footballoutsiders F/+ rankings. Here are the average rankings for the teams in the two divisions.

Div ........ 2015 ... 2014 ... 2013
SEC W ... 58.0 ... 43.0 .... 44.7
ACC C .... 52.3 ... 39.3 ..... 44.1

So, by this metric, for each of the last three years the ACC Coastal has been the better Division on average. In 2015, the ACC C had 1 team ranked in the 80's or higher, UVA at #81. The SEC W had three: Vandy, #84; SCar, #87; Kent, #88. Their best team was UF at #18; ours was UNC at #19.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Rats!

I was hoping he would end up at Maryland and off our schedule. Oth, I was pretty sure that if Miami offered, he'd go there and, sure enough, he has.

That said, this is a marriage made in heaven for the short term. Kaaya is just the kind of QB Richt has been successful with and they have plenty of talent coming back. How well it'll work in the long term is anybody's guess. Da U is not the place for everybody and Richt will have a hard time sustaining the cultural change Golden started there. Oth, if he has short term success, he could get the U fans behind him and all will be well.

Except for da U's opponents, that is. Richt is a good recruiter and could stop the bleeding of talent from south Florida that has plagued their efforts to re-estanlish themselves. Soooooo … let's hope the whole thing goes up in flames early on and that the "fan culture" at da U makes his seat hot soon.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks...really seems like an odd rule but I guess if the the school options to not make illegal contact they would not get penalized.

Exactly, but its not illegal contact IF the prospect has signed the non binding FAA and actually does enroll early. I think it's a good rule and a good deterrent to help prevent taking advantage of a loop hole that would otherwise get abused.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I've looked at the last three years of footballoutsiders F/+ rankings. Here are the average rankings for the teams in the two divisions.

Div ........ 2015 ... 2014 ... 2013
SEC W ... 58.0 ... 43.0 .... 44.7
ACC C .... 52.3 ... 39.3 ..... 44.1

So, by this metric, for each of the last three years the ACC Coastal has been the better Division on average. In 2015, the ACC C had 1 team ranked in the 80's or higher, UVA at #81. The SEC W had three: Vandy, #84; SCar, #87; Kent, #88. Their best team was UF at #18; ours was UNC at #19.

No doubt UGA didn't play up to the talent on the roster the last 3 years. However, he was there for 15 years and had to go head-to-head against some of the best coaches in the history of college football.

We'll see how he does at Miami. I think he'll make Miami one of the better teams in the nation...just my opinion though.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing I've always heard is with Richt being from Miami and playing at Boca Raton high school, he had very strong recruiting for UGA in Miami who's highschools could build college champions. UGA might lose this well of talent with richt now pulling them to stay at home. Yes, the state of georgia has plenty of talent to obviously but anything that hurts UGA is good in my book.

UltimateBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't know why I am torturing myself, but there is ONLY talk of Richt & the 'Canes on 4 of sports radio stations here. People are ecstatic. "This is a day of celebration for Miami." If you believe all the talk, he is the Second Coming. People saying that the problem with Miami was the coaching, because the talent is here. So now with a "real coach," UM will be a contender in no time, blah, blah, blah. Wish there was something new & positive to discuss about our program . . . Ahhhh, the life of a Georgia Tech fan.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, but its not illegal contact IF the prospect has signed the non binding FAA and actually does enroll early. I think it's a good rule and a good deterrent to help prevent taking advantage of a loop hole that would otherwise get abused.
Guess my initial gut thought is a school would be penalized if the student decided not to enroll which is an action the school only has influence, not control, over. I can see the abuse of FAA papers being an issue, too.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I think there is an exception if the head coach leaves to go somewhere else after signing but before enrollment.