Richt's gone

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Conspiracy theory: Rich was so fed up with the Uga fans demanding his ouster that he was going to leave Ugag for dah U. Ugag, wanting to save face, came to a "mutual agreement" for him to leave.

We will know who left who as soon as the terms of Richt's "severance" is known.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
good for Richt bad for us.....word is the deal with Smart was done weeks ago...I think Richt found that out and was miffed and who could blame him...I mean you just beat your Rival and the AD calls you that night and says he needs to meet with you in the morning...sounds like mcgarity lost some integrity because of the dollar bill bad move.....karma is a *****.
Hopefully Richt will now be an ACC spoke person and give CPJ some inside info....always good to hear what other programs thought of yours it will help us in recruiting if he does

Scubapro

Banned
This is by no means good news. Miami will be a powerhouse in 3-5 years.
Who knows? Recruiting at UGag requires very little effort with many in state recruits. He will have a more difficult time recruiting outside of the Miami area.
In regards to Herbie, eeehh, I mean Kirby, just because someone was good at running a defense doesn't mean they are good at running a program. It will be an interesting next few years.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
yes Miami will........... but GT is not going to change and there is nothing we can do I give what I can to the GTAA....and if we want a better program Money talks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, but I don't see it. Georgie really underperformed their talent under Richt.

I think Richt will have similar talent at Miami, and he no longer has to compete against SEC competition every year.

Let's face it, the ACC Coastal really isn't all that impressive of a division. VT, Duke, UNC, Miami, UVA, Pittsburgh...GT. Is anyone scared of any of those teams? UNC will be losing their starting QB who doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, so Fedora may be taking a step back. VT just hired a new HC, and time will tell if that was the right guy. Duke looks to be regressing to the norm. UVA...is UVA. Pittsburgh has gotten better and could be a player. We have our own issues, and both Miami and Richt have had GT's number since CPJ has been here. Putting them together doesn't make it easier for us.

At minimum, Richt could turn Miami into a dominant team in the Coastal. Miami still went 8-4 this season even with all that turmoil. There's talent already there, and there's a TON of HS talent in South FL. I think he could have Miami a consistent Coastal champion sooner than later.

One thing is for sure, it's a LOT easier running through the ACC than it is running through the SEC.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I think Richt will have similar talent at Miami, and he no longer has to compete against SEC competition every year.

Let's face it, the ACC Coastal really isn't all that impressive of a division. VT, Duke, UNC, Miami, UVA, Pittsburgh...GT. Is anyone scared of any of those teams? UNC will be losing their starting QB who doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, so Fedora may be taking a step back. VT just hired a new HC, and time will tell if that was the right guy. Duke looks to be regressing to the norm. UVA...is UVA. Pittsburgh has gotten better and could be a player. We have our own issues, and both Miami and Richt have had GT's number since CPJ has been here. Putting them together doesn't make it easier for us.

At minimum, Richt could turn Miami into a dominant team in the Coastal. Miami still went 8-4 this season even with all that turmoil. There's talent already there, and there's a TON of HS talent in South FL. I think he could have Miami a consistent Coastal champion sooner than later.

One thing is for sure, it's a LOT easier running through the ACC than it is running through the SEC.
The SEC East has also been bad the last few years and UGA didn't dominate that division.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
The SEC East has also been bad the last few years and UGA didn't dominate that division.

This. And with all the good coaches in the Coastal now, especially after the Richt hire, we might finally shut some people up about the almighty SEC. One can only hope.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Very true. But he's come in 1st or 2nd 11 of his 15 years at UGA. Remember, he had to contend with Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, and Phillip Fulmer during his tenure at UGA. I don't see any of those type of coaches in the Coastal.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Very true. But he's come in 1st or 2nd 11 of his 15 years at UGA. Remember, he had to contend with Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, and Phillip Fulmer during his tenure at UGA. I don't see any of those type of coaches in the Coastal.
He'll also have to play FSU every year. Long story short, I don't think him coaching at dah U automatically makes them the favorite for the Coastal.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He'll also have to play FSU every year. Long story short, I don't think him coaching at dah U automatically makes them the favorite for the Coastal.

FSU is a very good program, but Jameis Winston took them over the top. Jameis Winston left, and FSU is still a very good team, but not an elite team.

I think Richt can win his fair share against FSU.

Richt was a VERY good OC at FSU, and he was a VERY good coach at UGA. His track record shows that he will be at least better then what Miami has had the past 2 head coaches. The guy has the 5th highest winning percentage among coaches with at least 130 victories. You don't win at that rate unless you know what you're doing. You can say "Well, it's easy to do that with all the talent at UGA"...but ask Jim Donnan and Ray Goff about that.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Richt will help mold Miami's O into a juggernaut. He has all the ingredients on O already.

The question will be from the D.

He'll also put the claps on S. Florida. as a recruiter. I wonder if Randy Shannon will be forgiven and return to coach the D.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I don't like it but totally agree with all this. Hopefully at some point they will be really good and we can rise up and crush his dreams

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Richt will help mold Miami's O into a juggernaut. He has all the ingredients on O already.

The question will be from the D.

He'll also put the claps on S. Florida. as a recruiter. I wonder if Randy Shannon will be forgiven and return to coach the D.

I think thats very likely