Richt's gone

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
The picture is funny, because he went 8-4 or worse 4 out of 15 times (regular season). He went 10-2 or better 5 times. So, you it could also say "year in and year out, the best 10-2 coach in the country."
The funny part is no matter what his record has been the DWAGs always thought he was the best coach in the world (until now)! In reality he was just a good coach that never got them what they wanted! We should hate to see him go!!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am kinda relieved with this hiring of Kirby Smart. I can't stomach watching Bama all that often, but when I see them play, they look completely conventional on both sides of the ball. They win because of pure talent. Without that Bama level of talent, I don't see great success at Georgia.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
OU as in Duck?
No. Oklahoma U has a reject quarterback from texas tech , two stud rb, couple of great wr, big ol and they exploit the whole field. Baylor lines up and runs or passes where no one is. If they are wrong on play call, they don't have talent to win on the play. OU spreads field and if wrong they still get good yardage unless u have stud defenders. PLAY CALLS ARE SELDOM WRONG.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I think Richt will be a good not great HC for Miami.

This will make the ACC that more competitive.
VT
Miami
UNC
GT
Duke &
Im gonna say Pitt too
other side
Clemson
Florida St.

The Coastal has just gotten nasty with coaches.

I would say Miami can pull in recruits on par or close to par with UGA. Richt has been a thorn in our side since he was hired at UGA (13-2)...plus Miami seems to always have our number.

Gonna be tougher in the Coastal that's for sure.
I don't think he will be able to pull in the quality recruits he had in Athens at first, but it should happen eventually. It's going to be hard for him to recruit when hardly anybody in Miami goes to their games anymore. That too will change, but I don't think it will right off the bat.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Richt to Miami, huh? What do I win? Called this move nearly two months ago:

I visited their board for a bit to see how they were reacting. A lot of Fire Richt threads are going up, more than usual. Imagine if they lose to Florida (which is likely) and Auburn pulls out a win. If we, by some miracle, get our offense figured out by the end of the season, we might put the last nail into that coffin. Here's the interesting part: Al Golden is definitely seeing the door this season. If Mark Richt is available, I bet you anything that Miami will pick him up to bring them back to the promise land. For those who don't know, he played QB there in there in the early 80's (I think as backup in the '83 championship season).

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was kinda thinking about this a month ago when the Dwag fans started beating the drums about firing him. The Miami coach had been fired already, and I thought they'd be glad to have him. I thought he ought to strike a deal with the Miami AD and not give Georgia the satisfaction of firing him.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm scared. I think Richt will make Miami good. But also consider that Miami isn't Georgia in terms of recruits. The personalities are different, Miami has bad facilities. Richt might not accept thuggery to the extent he needs to get the Miami recruits. That's a big if though- only time will tell. Dalvin Cook is from Miami, and despite the made-up assault, he's not a bad kid by the accounts I've heard.

Time will have to tell. I'm hoping the above it correct, but it's not making me sleep easier.