Richt's gone

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
You're talking about one year and one game (this happens to Tech)...should I mention MTSU a few years ago?? And we actually LOST that game.

Kirby Smart is one hell of a coach, look at his history...its proven.

We disagree on this. There is no proof IMO. A coach with top tier talent that has a hard time defending up tempo spread offenses. He benefited from Sabans schemes, and the SEC holding on to the antiquated pro style offense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
...in other coaching carousel news: Oregon OC Scott Frost to Central Florida as HC. Could be a factor in recruiting in terms of QBs GT and UCF go after.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I hear Chan is available...so is Hal Mummie (SP?)...How long is Sarkisian's detox program?

Actually, Mumme has a coaching job. He's at Belhaven University in Jackson, MS. I doubt he would want to take a step back and move to Athens. A man has to have his standards.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
They have been in top 6 recruiting classes for last 5 years and we ( yes we who played terrible this year) played them close.
After a score late we were one score from going ahead. After great kick we had them in their own end zone. The potential embarssment of a sac 6 was too much for uga to bear.
Had we gotton to qb it would be takked about for decades.
He had to go.

You and BuzzStone (spelling?) have answered my question. The UGA faithful will, in a fashion, harrumph that they will not tolerate mediocrity and should be knocking on the National Championship door every year. If that is what they want, so be it. They should remember that those the gods would destroy they make insane and the gods of football are a capricious bunch. UGA just might discover the age of Mark Richt to have been a golden age that they will not see the likes of for a generation or they might be the next dynasty. We will see.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
You and BuzzStone (spelling?) have answered my question. The UGA faithful will, in a fashion, harrumph that they will not tolerate mediocrity and should be knocking on the National Championship door every year. If that is what they want, so be it. They should remember that those the gods would destroy they make insane and the gods of football are a capricious bunch. UGA just might discover the age of Mark Richt to have been a golden age that they will not see the likes of for a generation or they might be the next dynasty. We will see.

They will say all off season that they are going to win it all this year. Have you seen the Georgia Football Fan Documentary?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
His success on the defensive side of the ball should carry over to UGA considering the talent they already have there.

Better hire a stud OC. That will be his key to success at UGA. He can ask his buddy Will Muschamp about that.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Better hire a stud OC. That will be his key to success at UGA. He can ask his buddy Will Muschamp about that.

Bingo. He's gotta nail that first OC hire or it's all going to go downhill on him real quick. UGA fans are not going to be patient about his tenure at all.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bingo. He's gotta nail that first OC hire or it's all going to go downhill on him real quick. UGA fans are not going to be patient about his tenure at all.

Exactly. Every dwag I know has been hyping this guy as the next Vince Lombardi for the last five years. If he comes in and struggles the least bit, it will be glorious, er, I mean, so unfortunate for them...

Last edited:

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Real story here is it's now critical that we turn around our troubles in the off season.

I want to see Smart get fired after 3 straight losses to GT.

...I want it so bad that if I actually had a lot of money, I might actually give it to the football program to see it happen.

Well, at least as long as they promise to deliver me one bucketfull of dwag tears.