Regional: Ga Tech, UNCW, UGa, Army

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Time to do something. I have no idea who the next coach should be. Hall should be given an office, a title, and put in charge of fund-raising. No coaching. At all.
That’s all I got.
Assuming the inevitable happens, I don’t know how you go winless (regionals) for 18 years and feel good about it.. unless your goal is simply to get there. If that’s the goal of the program then that represents acceptance of mediocrity and it needs change from the top.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
The effort last night was pathetic. Last 18 innings this team has managed to plate zero runs while giving up 22. Masterful job Danny?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Our #3 spot suggests we're #33-48 and we should win 1 game. Maybe that happens. I'm frustrated because this is a sport we should excel in yet we're lumped in with the Woffords, Mercers, etc year in, year out. It's why the program has no energy. We're the Chan Gailey of baseball on steroids because he only did it for 7 years.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I believe in our last 13 games, we've won four. I know our RPI got us there, but we're just wasting money by being in the Regionals this year.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
Our #3 spot suggests we're #33-48 and we should win 1 game. Maybe that happens. I'm frustrated because this is a sport we should excel in yet we're lumped in with the Woffords, Mercers, etc year in, year out. It's why the program has no energy. We're the Chan Gailey of baseball on steroids because he only did it for 7 years.
This was a blue blood program.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You are being way too kind comparing our coach to Chan. With the results we are now seeing, he compares more to Scooter Collins when our season ended in 2 blow outs totaling 0-100.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how you go winless (regionals) for 18 years and feel good about it..

18 years.......
true detective desert GIF

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I trust Batt to fix it in the next month or so. No logical reason not to.
Actually there is $500K reasons. I would give Hall a celebratory season, let Ramsey do the coaching and use the $500K we save to buy 2 or 3 good pitchers from the portal.

You could buy some cheap plaques for opponents to give Hall when we have road series.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
We have plenty of time to discuss next year, probably starting Monday, so for now I'm going back to the action on the field...

We've got to get John Giesler going at the plate again. He seems to be the key to this lineup. He has had a few well struck balls, but 2 Ks last night, including at least one with some crucial baserunners in scoring position where he chased a breaking pitch in the dirt. He seems to be pressing, which is natural, but he's got to get those emotions under control. He's now in a 1 for 16 stretch over the past 4 games.

On the mound, I assume everybody is available today except for Cam Hill. I would venture a guess that we will start Cam Jones, but haven't heard officially.

Anyone planning to attend the game today?

Last edited:

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I got back late from the game last night. Just deflating to say the least.

First, the tech crowd was good size and larger than the uncw crowd even with the uga fans pitching in for them but their crowd was louder and more enthusiastic than ours. It's like football at times (sit down I can't see, you cheer too loud). Typical wine n cheese crowd.

Players feed off fan energy. There was little except a few of us and we got stared at for that...unreal.
When uncw hit the slam by a .205 hitter with 3 hr's btw, their crowd went nuts and their players fed off it all night long.

I went to the game because of the player reaction after the announcement of being placed in a regional and I wanted to bring that same energy as a fan.

The game:
It wasn't second guessing. My friend and I were stunned to see Brett Thomas starting and just couldn't believe it. I understand Danny likes to use a bullpen arm in a regional but that was ridiculous. Use a bullpen arm in a game 3 or 4 of a regional but certainly not the opening game against a 2 seed... Brett hasn't started a game ALL YEAR long and you put him in a game that was critical to win. On the other hand, Uncw took it very seriously and put their ace in with RJ Sales who tied us up all night long.

I don't care if you go with the 3rd (Tate), 4th (Ballard), or potentially 5th starter (Patel) but you don't go with a bull pen arm in an opening game 2 v 3 seed matchup. Horrible coaching decision, period. I'm not saying anything about Brett as he's done a great job for the team this year but putting him as a starter in yesterday's game put the kid in a bad spot.
With that, Hall should've had a quick hook with that decision.
Brett had a very good 1st with 1,2,3 in order. In the 2nd, you could tell he was nervous but he got the first out of the inning. Gave up a walk with the next batter and was nowhere close to the zone and threw a ball 4 feet over lackey's head. Next batter he grooved a pitched and the batter laced the ball up the middle for a single. 1st and 2nd with one out. My friend and I kept saying he looks absolutely nervous. Still no visit from PC Taylor. Should've been pulled but because of the mistake in the decision to start him, they couldn't burn pitchers. Next batter he hits the 8 hole hitter. Should've been pulled there with the bases full and 1 out but no he leaves him to face a .205 hitter. Gets him down 1-2 but because of the possible nerves to be placed in that position, he spins a ball in the middle of the zone and the hitter destroys it to left field. I blame that completely on the coach for not putting his team in the best position.

Offense...
Ooooff
What to say except the only person that seemed to get off the bus yesterday was Drew Burress.

I still think this team can make waves in this regional but if Hall continues to make ridiculous moves like yesterday and the bats stay cold, well bring on football.

I can't go today because I have a friends birthday party and, to be honest, yesterday took it out of me. If we win today against Army, I will head back to Athens because I love Tech and will always support the boys and will be just us loud as the other fans no matter if our fan base likes it or not.
GT HR chain will return ..

Need a break though today

A very frustrated fan who has wanted to see our boys in Omaha. A trip I've always wanted to take....

No opportunity since '06.

Last edited: