Regional: Ga Tech, UNCW, UGa, Army

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
What did you think about the 3-0 Ellis green light?
I agree with what @FittedJacket said, on 3-0 you're looking middle-middle heater and if you get anything but that you've got to take. He got an eye-level heater and had already determined before the windup that he was swinging, and it cost us bigtime. I told my wife that bases loaded, one out, down 8-6 is vastly different than a sac fly, runners on first and second down 8-6 with two outs (she's not a big baseball fan at all but the drama of the game got even her involved).

In the heat of the moment, I was really upset with Green for swinging at the game-winning ball 4, but after thinking on it and letting my emotions settle, I really can't get too upset with him. He was protecting on 3-2 which is what you're taught to do, and the pitch was close enough to throw a protect swing out there. It was obvious to us it was ball 4, but I'm sure the last thing he wanted was to strikeout looking with the bases loaded.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
After everything, I feel kinda OK about the Rgeional. We actually pitched better than I expected...2 runs vs Army, 1 vs UNC-W and we had allowed only 3 through 7 innings vs UGa. I was pretty certain that even had we held on last night we would have been out of pitching today (but would have enjoyed the chance however slim it would have been).
What I HATE is when we get thrashed like we did in the ACC Tournament. (By two teams who went 3-0 in their Regionals and are into the next round).

FittedJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Question for the group: do you think CDH and CJR regret not even trying to recruit Jackson Finley’s little brother Leighton Finley?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Did I mention your font? Didn't think so. Simmer down.
LOL! From the font calling out other fonts as douchie without replying to a specific post. I owned my post that would fall under your random nonspecific critique. Don't be a "douchie" poster and try to suggest you meant no one. If you do not want drive by retorts, then reply to specific messages next time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
LOL! From the font calling out other fonts as douchie without replying to a specific post. I owned my post that would fall under your random nonspecific critique. Don't be a "douchie" poster and try to suggest you meant no one. If you do not want drive by retorts, then reply to specific messages next time.
There were plenty of fonts that I was referring to. General criticism of the coaching wasn't what triggered me. It was that absolute program bashing while we were still playing. You can choose to be offended if you like. I certainly won't try to take that away from you.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Question for the group: do you think CDH and CJR regret not even trying to recruit Jackson Finley’s little brother Leighton Finley?
I was wondering the story there, Fitted. So we weren’t interested in him? That is disappointing.
In these cases... I always assume the SA lets it be known he has no interest in Calculus. :)

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After everything, I feel kinda OK about the Rgeional. We actually pitched better than I expected...2 runs vs Army, 1 vs UNC-W and we had allowed only 3 through 7 innings vs UGa. I was pretty certain that even had we held on last night we would have been out of pitching today (but would have enjoyed the chance however slim it would have been).
What I HATE is when we get thrashed like we did in the ACC Tournament. (By two teams who went 3-0 in their Regionals and are into the next round).
U are ok with blowing a 5-2 lead, giving up a homer in the top of the 9th to tie, loading the bases in the 9th and not scoring, flying out on a 3-0 count in the bottom of the 10th to our hated rivalry!!!! I think we played pretty well and Jones was fantastic but I'm not ok with that last game loss. Not blaming anybody but to say I'm ok with it is not ok. Just one man's opinion.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
U are ok with blowing a 5-2 lead, giving up a homer in the top of the 9th to tie, loading the bases in the 9th and not scoring, flying out on a 3-0 count in the bottom of the 10th to our hated rivalry!!!! I think we played pretty well and Jones was fantastic but I'm not ok with that last game loss. Not blaming anybody but to say I'm ok with it is not ok. Just one man's opinion.
Yeah, I’m with you 79. That was a golden once in a longtime opportunity to eliminate and end your arch rival’s season on their own field. Probably won’t see that chance again in my lifetime. And it was right there for the taking, a chance to go down as a legend and give your long suffering fan base something to crow about to our neighbors and coworkers …….. and we didn’t.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I’m with you 79. That was a golden once in a longtime opportunity to eliminate and end your arch rival’s season on their own field. Probably won’t see that chance again in my lifetime. And it was right there for the taking, a chance to go down as a legend and give your long suffering fan base something to crow about to our neighbors and coworkers …….. and we didn’t.
We would have had to beat them again to eliminate them. Good thoughts though!!!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
God why did it have to be uga?