Redshirts from 2014 - Biggest Impact in 2015?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm not going to put any of our coaches names out there...it wasn't coach Cook but someone on the offensive staff.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm glad the staff feels that way about Quaide. He is a pretty tough guy who can jump cut a little and stay behind his pads. The more the better. Competition is a great thing. I liked Quaide's film, but if you look at what was going on at the line of scrimmage, it is hard to draw too many conclusions. He was barely touched half the time. The kid looks physical, like a bucking bronco type to me. You have to like that.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
@JacketTrain

We're still playing the offers card with all of the success we've had on offense?

What was Laskeys other biggest offer?

How about Days? He chose us over Okie St who wanted him at LB.

MLD also didn't have a committable offer from Clemson.

Snoddy is at A Back and won't be moving over...

Fwiw I talked to one of our coaches recently and they think Quaide has a real shot at starting this year.

I believe that this kid may come in and start...but I doubt he will hold on to the starter's role. One gripe I have with the staff is that they love "practice" players and put the wrong personnel on the field. It's like the whole R00k-Chungong fiasco. Once the level of competition reaches a certain level, the coaches put the right players in with no explanation as to why they haven't been playing all along. It doesn't take an expert to see that RRC was the better option at d-end from the start of the season but we continued to use players who couldn't make open field tackles or hold the edge.
We'll see how this plays out and whoever it is, I just hope the best player is on the field.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I believe that this kid may come in and start...but I doubt he will hold on to the starter's role. One gripe I have with the staff is that they love "practice" players and put the wrong personnel on the field. It's like the whole R00k-Chungong fiasco. Once the level of competition reaches a certain level, the coaches put the right players in with no explanation as to why they haven't been playing all along. It doesn't take an expert to see that RRC was the better option at d-end from the start of the season but we continued to use players who couldn't make open field tackles or hold the edge.
We'll see how this plays out and whoever it is, I just hope the best player is on the field.
I kind of follow you but can you share more about your complaint about so-called practice players and how Roderick Rook-Chungong being involved in a fiasco?

When one is dealing with players who have not seen much game action I have trouble coming up with how coaches can decide who gets what playing time other than by performance in practice. You seem to have passion about the issue so I am curious to hear more of your thoughts on processes for determining who the best players are and when or where they should be put on the field during a game.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
That doesn't make a bit of sense

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Which had you rather have, great experienced running backs and three starting OL that have never taken a snap, or the reverse?

It may not carry over to next year, but when I look at the replay of Clem, uga, FSU, and MSU and see just what our OL did against those 4 very very good defenses, I get a thrill up my leg. It may have been the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a GT football team. 7 of the top 8 are coming back. The OL is what dominates a defense, what makes the other team dread us, what takes the crowd out of the game, what owns 3rd down and the red zone. If if if this year's OL play is here to stay, next year this time we will be gushing over the performance of our three freshmen B Backs and how we have them for three more years.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Which had you rather have, great experienced running backs and three starting OL that have never taken a snap, or the reverse?

It may not carry over to next year, but when I look at the replay of Clem, uga, FSU, and MSU and see just what our OL did against those 4 very very good defenses, I get a thrill up my leg. It may have been the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a GT football team. 7 of the top 8 are coming back. The OL is what dominates a defense, what makes the other team dread us, what takes the crowd out of the game, what owns 3rd down and the red zone. If if if this year's OL play is here to stay, next year this time we will be gushing over the performance of our three freshmen B Backs and how we have them for three more years.
Yup. Seeing us move DL's three yards up the field on every play gets me excited. Our OL completely dominated pretty much everyone. I'm gonna miss seeing Shaq lead block for JT time to time. Hopefully, someone is able to step up and replicate that.