Redshirts from 2014 - Biggest Impact in 2015?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I agree, we've got some studs coming in at Bback, we will def miss Synjyn and Zack but the new guys in the wings are exciting

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@GTRX7

After watching the backup QB for the Mutts come in during the Belk Bowl and do absolutely nothing in the passing game, no doubt they WISHED Tim Byerly was on their roster as opposed to Brandon Douglas.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Leggett will be the best RS Fr. The position is made for him. This is based on what a team trainer had to say from practices.

After this year though, who will be his back up?

It's Weimerskirch's role to lose as he has an extra 4 weeks of practice, a spring game, and 8 months of weight training advantage over MLD.....unless the walk-on Braswell is an under the radar sleeper and way ahead in the mesh and assignments.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's Weimerskirch's role to lose as he has an extra 4 weeks of practice, a spring game, and 8 months of weight training advantage over MLD.....unless the walk-on Braswell is an under the radar sleeper and way ahead in the mesh and assignments.

?Who is MLD? I was saying that Leggett would be our breakout BB since he has been practicing at that position all year. We didn't need to burn his RS with the Laskey/Days duo ......

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Eric, any comment on this "updated" depth chart? Seems like a guess at a depth chart and not something from the GTAA, especially bc it has JJ Green listed (transfer so he's out) plus the 4 early enrollees. https://georgiatech.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp?Year=2013&Team=GATECH

Sounds like you think AB will be more like Snoddy/Andrews then Searcy/Austin (Lance, I'm guessing)/Willis/Lynch?

Some strange issues with the depth chart:
Tre Jackson missing
Noble at LB
Stargel and Whitehead seem to be listed at the incorrect DE
Byerly punter

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, any comment on this "updated" depth chart? Seems like a guess at a depth chart and not something from the GTAA, especially bc it has JJ Green listed (transfer so he's out) plus the 4 early enrollees. https://georgiatech.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp?Year=2013&Team=GATECH

Sounds like you think AB will be more like Snoddy/Andrews then Searcy/Austin (Lance, I'm guessing)/Willis/Lynch?

Corect on that!

Although the rotation is in flux right now at the backup spot...as Searcy and one the Austin twins will be new to it.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Speculation, but it would have to be A or B back because that is where the most opportunities to shine exist. Next would be at WR.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My WAG: I think both Austin twins stay at DB. I think our A-Backs next year will be Andrews, Snoddy, Searcy, Lynch, Allen, and a trFr.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My WAG: I think both Austin twins stay at DB. I think our A-Backs next year will be Andrews, Snoddy, Searcy, Lynch, Allen, and a trFr.

Good WAG but I do not know enough about Allen. I believe Willis will be #3 or #4 based on roster experience and blocking, especially early. Then I believe one or two of the talented freshmen will catch on and catch up. I have been unable to get any meaningful info on Lynch and would like to know how he is progressing. At any rate Snoddy and Andrews are very solid and should have a very good productive season.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
You may want to check out Weimerskirch's level of competition as compared to MLD. One thing CPJ realized and one big reason for the success this year is that he played the best athletes no matter the experience level. He realized that Synjyn was more of a breakaway threat than Laskey against the better teams and rode him to victories in our last four games. He continued to give Laskey the ball but once Days ran for so many yards in his first starts, he gave Days the bulk of the carries even when Laskey came back from injury. So if MLD comes in in the fall and shows he can handle the position, the others enrolling early will mean little.