Redshirt report coming

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I am looking forward to Legget burning his. There is no reason for him and MLD being the same year and he looked pretty good in the state championship last year. I also don't think PJ would let him in if he wasn't doing well on practice (no inside info to support the last statement).

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I certainly wouldn't mind playing him when we played Merriweather and Simmons for what is looking like a handful if plays. I think a redshirt would have been more beneficial to them than Leggett and we have GOT to get someone some experience for next year at the Bback position. Never understood the redshirt unless they were planning on him NOT playing next year.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm all for seeing CJ get in if he is good enough to get more carries than Days was getting. Burning the shirt for 5-6 plays a game doesn't seem justified to me.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm all for seeing CJ get in if he is good enough to get more carries than Days was getting. Burning the shirt for 5-6 plays a game doesn't seem justified to me.
Well he's not gonna get a ton of snaps right away if and when he plays this year. If he's successful, he'll earn more snaps. We have a highly touted Bback recruit coming in next fall, we don't need two in the same class. Burn the shirt.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well he's not gonna get a ton of snaps right away if and when he plays this year. If he's successful, he'll earn more snaps. We have a highly touted Bback recruit coming in next fall, we don't need two in the same class. Burn the shirt.
Leggett would get whatever number of snaps he earns with his chance. That is how it works. He won't start his first game. I feel sure of that. However, in the first series he does get, if he trucks a guy on the dive and turns 3 into 8 and follows it up on the next carry with an explosion play to the house, I guarantee you he will be right back out there the next series. If he doesn't he probably won't.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Why burn the shirt if ZL and SD and doing fine? Doubt that the coaching staff wouldn't already have him playing F they thought he'd do better than either of them at BBack.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am just not a fan of a redshirt unless it is due to injury. Put the best 11 we have on the field and play to win this year.