Real Jabari news thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
These quotes are real encouraging:

“Jabari is, to this day, the best ‘D’ lineman I played in the year 2014,” Mason said Saturday. “I can confidently say that. He definitely, I think, got me better every day.”

Mason is quite optimistic about what Tech’s interior could look like in 2015.

“If (Hunt-Days) and Adam are in the middle, there’s no inside runs,” Mason said.

Now that's some high praise from someone who knows what he's talking about!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
What Jabari is doing is actually a very rare story in college football. Not a lot of student athletes who run into academic trouble like this make it back.

And not only is he making it back he has a terrific attitude and is working hard to make himself and others better on the field. Here is a man who clearly has taken personal responsibility for his mistake and is meeting the challenge head on to make things right. And he's coming out and being there for his team mates. Respect.

If I were a betting man I'd say Mr Hunt looks back at this all one day and sees it as a turning point in his life--a time when his character was tested and he answered the bell. Yeah he has some family support which is exemplary. But how many kids do we see just walk away from such support? In the end it is Jabari who made the decision to step it up.

If he is able to pull it off that GT degree on his wall will be a huge source of pride and inspiration. Not to mention when football is over it is going to open all kinds of doors for him. Kudos to Jabari for his choice to work hard and see this through. That's character and I'm taking notes from his example!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
+1 ILB. What is so hard for JHD is not only does he have to get his GPA up, but he has to take a heavier course load to catch up in the number of credits while the bar keeps getting raised.

I really hope he pulls it off. His will be a great example if he can do it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What Jabari is doing is actually a very rare story in college football. Not a lot of student athletes who run into academic trouble like this make it back.

And not only is he making it back he has a terrific attitude and is working hard to make himself and others better on the field. Here is a man who clearly has taken personal responsibility for his mistake and is meeting the challenge head on to make things right. And he's coming out and being there for his team mates. Respect.

If I were a betting man I'd say Mr Hunt looks back at this all one day and sees it as a turning point in his life--a time when his character was tested and he answered the bell. Yeah he has some family support which is exemplary. But how many kids do we see just walk away from such support? In the end it is Jabari who made the decision to step it up.

If he is able to pull it off that GT degree on his wall will be a huge source of pride and inspiration. Not to mention when football is over it is going to open all kinds of doors for him. Kudos to Jabari for his choice to work hard and see this through. That's character and I'm taking notes from his example!
Am I mistaken or wasn't his mother a standout volleyball player at UNC?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Damn I was thinking of skipping the Allcorn game. No way - got to be there if JD back on field. That will be special - talk about a guy with a chip on his shoulder.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
We played against some of the best DT's in the nation this year - particularly Grady Jarrett, who absolutely terrorized the middle against us. If Jabari is anywhere near as good as he is, much less better, we will have an infinitely different looking DL next season.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Obviously, I haven't gone up against JHD in practice, so I will concede to Shaq in that regard. However, I fear he might just be trying to pump his brother up a little with those comments. We went up against some pretty darned good DLs at times this season. To be truthful, I haven't seen anything from JHD, as a LB, that would indicate that he would now become the best DT in the conference after adding 30 LBS. I would absolutely love to be wrong about that. Personally, I will be happy if he is just able to replace Green and we experience no drop off, which is the most likely scenario.

Maybe JHD has kept his speed even after adding the weight. If so, that will be a plus. Maybe he is really really good at playing low, so much so, in fact, that we never noticed while he was chasing guys around at MLB. There is a chance he is actually better in the trenches than at the second level, but man, that #50 for Climpsum was pretty darned salty. Saying Hunt is better than that is a very very strong statement, one that I have a hard time digesting.

I hope nobody takes my comments like I am down on Hunt. That is far from the truth. I think he will be good. However, I also watched the film on the Clemson game for a couple hours pretty closely. That guy (#50) is going to a be an NFL starter in year one.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I think Shaq went up against JHD every single practice and then the other choices like Jarrett for exactly one game.

His opinion is interesting and good news about JHD but it is an opinion based on many snaps against JHD and a smaller number against everyone else. So I take it that he thinks JHD demonstrated as good a challenge to him overall as any of the others were able to muster in the limited one game of snaps they went against him.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
It is probably true that Shaq's assessment doesn't absolutely confirm that he is better than all the d lineman Tech faced last year, however I would certainly think that Shaq would know if he was the best on our team. If he was better than Gotsis at his new d-line position, that alone would make me excited to see him return.