Real Jabari news thread

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Just FYI everyone for Jabari to be eligible next fall he needs to be 80% of the way done for his degree, have a 2.0 cumulative gpa and have pass more than 6 hrs in the Spring semester. He has spring and summer to get his gpa up. He needs to take some free electives at Tech where it is almost impossible to not make a B. He can do this.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Let me understand. If he needs 120 hours to obtain his degree at this point he needs 96 credit hours in the bank for that degree degree? Needs to have a 2.0 average. This is a NCAA requirement that applies to all SAs??? The NCAA can't even insure they go to class and don't take invented classes per the UNC crap. I am sure the factories comp;y.

Where can you find the NCAA academic eligibility requirements? I will see what Google can dig up.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Let me understand. If he needs 120 hours to obtain his degree at this point he needs 96 credit hours in the bank for that degree degree? Needs to have a 2.0 average. This is a NCAA requirement that applies to all SAs??? The NCAA can't even insure they go to class and don't take invented classes per the UNC crap. I am sure the factories comp;y.

Where can you find the NCAA academic eligibility requirements? I will see what Google can dig up.
http://www.ncaa.org/remaining-eligible-academics. An interesting read. I can't argue the requirements, To me they make sense although tighter than I thought they would be. IMO NFL draft is saving the factories *** by allowing players to go for draft. I have a hard time believing the UGAs and Bamas and LSUs and other factories comply. Have these requirements been around for a long time? If so why in hell isn't UNC on one hell of a probation?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
http://www.ncaa.org/remaining-eligible-academics. An interesting read. I can't argue the requirements, To me they make sense although tighter than I thought they would be. IMO NFL draft is saving the factories *** by allowing players to go for draft. I have a hard time believing the UGAs and Bamas and LSUs and other factories comply. Have these requirements been around for a long time? If so why in hell isn't UNC on one hell of a probation?
How to comply: "Interdisciplinary Studies"

thwgjacket

Leading to a BS (not Bachelor of Science) degree in ????
Interdisciplinary Studies is actually a Bachelor of Science. It's not an engineering degree but it isn't a bad degree. I work with some people who have one. It was explained to me as a degree that requires a number of different classes in specialized areas. One guy I know specifically took senior level courses in Psychology, Math and History. Not the easiest degree depending upon what school you went to.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Interdisciplinary Studies is actually a Bachelor of Science. It's not an engineering degree but it isn't a bad degree. I work with some people who have one. It was explained to me as a degree that requires a number of different classes in specialized areas. One guy I know specifically took senior level courses in Psychology, Math and History. Not the easiest degree depending upon what school you went to.
That is true. The value of the degree is what you make of it.

Animal02

Banned
Just FYI everyone for Jabari to be eligible next fall he needs to be 80% of the way done for his degree, have a 2.0 cumulative gpa and have pass more than 6 hrs in the Spring semester. He has spring and summer to get his gpa up. He needs to take some free electives at Tech where it is almost impossible to not make a B. He can do this.

Introduction to Ceramic, the DramaTech english credits.......;)

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If I recall correctly these requirements have been around for several years. In my opinion, they encourage student athletes to take easy majors to maintain eligibility. Worse yet, they discourage student athletes from changing majors because of the progress toward degree requirements.

As far as UNC goes, the NCAA doesn't say that the major can't be a joke major. All they care about is meeting the rules.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yo everybody, this would be a good time to make some noise that we understand how hard it is to raise gpa at tech. Let the team know Tech fans are different from u (sic) ga fans, and actually put the personal success and integrity of the team above any incremental improvement on the field.

Animal02

Banned
History of chairs is another good one
I don't remember that one......Intro to Ceramics at the time was essentially a movie watching class. The tests and finals never changed so you basically just had to memorize the tests from a previous quarter.
I also took an "Intro to Textiles" that was pretty easy.

For DT, you just had to show up on Sundays and help build the sets. (or be in the cast or crew) If you showed up for 3/4's of them you got an 'A' if not you got an incomplete. There were 3 one hour classes offered like that. (Since I was an officer in the club, it was pretty much automatic for me ;))

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Wow sounds like JHD is the best player on defense..didn't know they thought he was that good...getting him back is essential this season