Real Jabari news thread

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Only post something here if it is solid information concerning his grades. All speculation, conjecture, comments about his name, etc go on the other thread.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
From what I hear we won't have him for the Orange Bowl.

Nothing official at this time.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Once again this is not official.

He can still be eligible to play next season.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
That's super frustrating if true. I wish we knew exactly what the deal was - if it's APR does he just have to pass some classes? Or is it grades and he has to bring his whole GPA up X number of points?

I hate it for him. I hope he ends up being able to play, have been super excited about him getting in the Orange Bowl.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If he doesn’t make grades this semester then I don’t even see him here next year at all. He has every ability in the world to make it to the next level and if I was in his place I’d be transferring so I could play somewhere.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If he doesn’t make grades this semester then I don’t even see him here next year at all. He has every ability in the world to make it to the next level and if I was in his place I’d be transferring so I could play somewhere.

transferring somewhere else isn't going to make him eligible...would still have to bring his grades up...and he would have to sit out a year unless he is going down a level.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Surely the gtaa - hill - have been aware of the numbers before and needed for grades that JHD needed to make. They would know if it was possible and supported him. Back in the day as we old folks say - most of us helped friends who got way behind and had to get grades just to stay. I even helped jocks to get free peanut butter from their training table.

Worst case for program on long term basis is he leaves after trying.

I vote the opposite!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to dive too personally into a SA's life...I figure if Jabari wants us to know the issue or the school does then they will let us know.
10-4, hopefully he gets it cleaned up and is able to play next fall. Will he have to stay on the scout team in the spring too?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
FYI he could be eligible by NCAA GPA rules, just not GT GPA rules.

Now, I Am not saying that is the case, but it has happened to us in the past; and wouldn't shock me if again were to be the case.

GT is tougher on its athletes than the NCAA and almost every other school for eligibility. Its also one thing that i think needs to be changed at a hard school at tech. I wonder if they did change this or not? If that is still the case or not?

2.5 GPA was my graduating class average. GT is not a GPA school. There is a reason 3.0 is with honors.