Real Jabari news thread

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think with Snoddy, Smelter and Zenon going down, I was hoping we might get to see a new weapon on the defensive side revealed at the OB to counter the offensive losses. But it was not to be. Georgia Tech just seems to have no mercy for athletes when it comes to academics. Hope Jabari doesn't get discouraged feeling he put out a hard effort and still came up short.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think with Snoddy, Smelter and Zenon going down, I was hoping we might get to see a new weapon on the defensive side revealed at the OB to counter the offensive losses. But it was not to be. Georgia Tech just seems to have no mercy for athletes when it comes to academics. Hope Jabari doesn't get discouraged feeling he put out a hard effort and still came up short.

Georgia Tech has no mercy for anyone when it comes to academics. It is a merciless place, but for some reason, when you get out, you love it.....

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech has no mercy for anyone when it comes to academics. It is a merciless place, but for some reason, when you get out, you love it.....
I dunno - when I got out (EE 87), I loved the place for the football and friends, and for the sense of accomplishment in surviving... My dad, on the other hand (AE 56), always seemed a good bit more bitter regarding his time there... Whenever we go to games, he always recounts the old stories of getting shafted by the Red Headed Bastard, a Chemistry prof... Lasting memories, for sure...

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was asked about it and gave a honest response.

No wonder CPJ doesnt like talking to the media.
CPJ got particularly tired of the way everyone reacted to things he would say about Vad Lee. I think the best strategy is to not try and expand from the strictest possible logical interpretation of anything he says.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Most of the bold is true...Except the attitude part. I have no clue where that is coming from...I know that is something that I haven't reported and that CPJ hasn't said.

The second bolded part....what CPJ quotes lead you to believe that?
Do you mean except that it was an issue of attitude or that it was corrected? If it was the latter, I just assumed that part, I guess from my own personal experience. If you're on the verge of flunking out (like I was), you either make a wholesale changes or you're gone.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, they round up 3.15 to 3.2, so yes, this is correct....sorry I wasn't clearer. It is just like if you make 33.5 on the ACT, it is rounded to 34...
No they don't. They wouldn't have set it at 3.15 if they round everything anyways.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
No they don't. They wouldn't have set it at 3.15 if they round everything anyways.

We can agree to disagree if you like. We all knew in 1985 if we got our GPA to at least 3.15, we would graduate with honors, because that was considered 3.2. They put this in the manual so they don't have to answer the question over and over about what is equivalent to a 3.2. But it is rounded to the nearest tenth, so 3.15 is what is needed.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Y'all are making me glad I didn't go to Tech.
On another note why can't someone find a computer expert who can make appropriate grade and transcript "adjustments" so that Jabari and Whitehead can play in the bowl?