RB coach Mike Daniels has resigned

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If any of us quietly resigned from our job mid-week. I don’t think any of us would want a bunch of people speculating as to why.
Interesting point of view because that is exactly what happens.

It’s probably down to 4 things: He won the lottery, he or a family member is sick/ has a significant issue, the old little head did too much thinking, he expensed a $500 bottle of Korbel at the Cheetah. Think we ruled out he got caught with the Bag Man, he’s been jailed, etc.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Are you differentiating between quit and resigned or between quit and fired? Or maybe he retired?

My understanding is that he was let go. Resignation was a nice way to release it. Don’t know exact reason, just that something was found out and he was asked to leave.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If true, is there any level of certainty that it is not an issue that will have an impact on our program

Other than losing him as a recruiter, which is not insignificant, likely no impact.

As for certainty, there is never any certainty, but when an employer allows an employee to resign in lieu of termination, it's generally indicative that it's not criminal and not egregious. Likely an internal policy violation but that last bit is mere speculation on my part.

slugboy

Staff member
Inflated resume/job history maybe?
Unless you need a license (see doctor, lawyer, sometimes engineer, etc), and you’re getting the job done, are you going to fire good staff over that?

I’m not excusing people who lie about their job background, but it doesn’t seem like the reason

He was already a good RB coach at Buffalo, so he had job experience…

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless you need a license (see doctor, lawyer, sometimes engineer, etc), and you’re getting the job done, are you going to fire good staff over that?

I’m not excusing people who lie about their job background, but it doesn’t seem like the reason

I mean it’s happened before with a former coach

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Per my #get-bak! coach resume, I've set foot on the moon and Mars.

corvette deal with it GIF

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Other than losing him as a recruiter, which is not insignificant, likely no impact.

As for certainty, there is never any certainty, but when an employer allows an employee to resign in lieu of termination, it's generally indicative that it's not criminal and not egregious. Likely an internal policy violation but that last bit is mere speculation on my part.
Exactly, it's a more minor thing that needed to be dealt with swiftly. Kudos to the staff for having the courage to do what needed to be done despite the fact we're in transition. You'd swear reading some of the posts that few on here has or has ever had a job.