RB coach Mike Daniels has resigned

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet he’s on to a sure job somewhere else. We may need to expect more of these as the season goes on. College football moves fast and these coaches need to feed their families

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Or could be a personal situation with Mike. Hope everything is alright but sometimes people do have lives outside of their profession that sometimes require immediate attention.
Yeah ... I'm wondering the same thing. Seems to me resigning because you have an issue with the program during mid-season would be damaging one's career. I really liked him.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
The staff learned of him resigning late last night. He was on the road recruiting yesterday, just like the rest of the staff. Remember a few weeks ago, Key said he would evaluate the staff within the next few weeks. Clearly this resignation falls in line with Brent’s comments about evaluating the staff.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The staff learned of him resigning late last night. He was on the road recruiting yesterday, just like the rest of the staff. Remember a few weeks ago, Key said he would evaluate the staff within the next few weeks. Clearly this resignation falls in line with Brent’s comments about evaluating the staff.

Hmm. So are you saying this IS a Key initiative or could be a Key initiative? Weird timing.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Or could be a personal situation with Mike. Hope everything is alright but sometimes people do have lives outside of their profession that sometimes require immediate attention.
Or something happened while he was out on the recruiting trail. I know nothing, nor am I suggesting something did, but that could be another explanation for a sudden resignation.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If you’re trying to salvage the season, I just don’t see Key letting him go….or him taking a job somewhere else mid season.

Yeah, has to be more to the story. Even is he's just doing an okay job, and reports were that he was a good recruiter, why let him go in mid season unless there was a big reason. Doesn't make sense to rock the boat unless there is a reason.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder who will replace Eley as the 12th coach since he moves into Daniels’ spot leaving only 11 field coaches? Quick promotion for Eley and shows you how much Key believes in his level of talent/potential.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Collins is getting the band back together for his next job that he may already have lined up at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee campus or the University of Nebraska - Omaha Campus for the Arts and Humanities campus..... ;)

Blues Brothers GIF

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
You could see Tashard Choice come back if Key is named the full time HC after the season. Brent and Choice almost left together for South Carolina due to disagreements with Collins and CDP about the type of offense they were running. Choice and Key wanted to run an offense like the current one that Long is running. It could happen but that’s a bit IF.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You could see Tashard Choice come back if Key is named the full time HC after the season. Brent and Choice almost left together for South Carolina due to disagreements with Collins and CDP about the type of offense they were running. Choice and Key wanted to run an offense like the current one that Long is running. It could happen but that’s a bit IF.

Choice ain’t coming back for that

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
TC - has family in Texas and UT just beat down OU.
Key - has a long way to go to have significant authority.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see how resigning now would help you at all in getting a job somewhere else once the season is over. I can only see how that would hurt you.

I would be stunned if Key let anyone go during the season, especially if they had any type of buyout. I read Key's comments on evaluating the staff to mean hiring/promoting an additional coach. He did that this week

I don't see how this isn't a personal reason for leaving situation.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet he’s on to a sure job somewhere else. We may need to expect more of these as the season goes on. College football moves fast and these coaches need to feed their families
I just don't think this is accurate. Even if he has a sure job, it wouldn't be till next season anyways. Why quit on a team midseason? Wouldn't a new employer see that negatively? It's like in dating, if they cheated to be with you, they'll cheat on you.