Radford

Deleted member 2897

I watched the replay - the runner scored well before any contact or passing by the other base runners. However, you never know what the umps pay attention to or don’t, so I think that was a good move by Radfords coach.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. Radford gets 2 leadoff singles, then we can't catch a popup after 2 failed bunt attempts but get the out anyway (infield fly rule). Radford then double steals 2nd and 3rd, but the umpire makes them go back for some reason - but the called strike remains. The batter subsequently is rung up on strikes. Radford has had awful luck this series.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Radford then double steals 2nd and 3rd, but the umpire makes them go back for some reason - but the called strike remains. The batter subsequently is rung up on strikes. Radford has had awful luck this series.
It doesn't matter how much baseball you watch... you still "have not seen it all". Apparently, the ump called interference on himself (of Bart trying to make throw) Huh? Is that an option? Good for the good guys.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bart has been given very little relief from his duties behind the plate. Beginning after last week's break (so incl Radford series)... Ga Tech plays 11 games in 16 days. ...to end 56 game schedule. Will wear & tear factor in?

No. Joey is tough tough tough.

This game today is going to be interesting. Hurter has left 5 on in 2 IP. 42 pitches. He'll make the sixth on pitch count if we are lucky. Then the interesting part of our relievers coming in.

I've got a funeral to go to so y'all can have fun for me.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
No. Joey is tough tough tough.

This game today is going to be interesting. Hurter has left 5 on in 2 IP. 42 pitches. He'll make the sixth on pitch count if we are lucky. Then the interesting part of our relievers coming in.

I've got a funeral to go to so y'all can have fun for me.
Was going to "like" this until you mentioned funeral. Peace to you & all those affected. God Bless!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We are up to 48th in RPI. (Next up UGAg who is #5). Today's game gives us 2 RPI "points" for a win and we lose 57 if we lose. I'm not sure what our total "points" are but I think Florida (#1) has 803 more than we do. I think a lot of our movement the last two days has been the results of other teams we have played doing better.
Thank you to likes of Minn, UConn, Auburn, Bradley & a host of slightly above avg Georgia teams (KSU, Ga Southern, Mercer) who are having good seasons. Every little bit helps.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that the game was over when Serratos touched home. I haven't checked, but if this was earlier Hall would've been out and Radcliff would be credited with an RBI single.