Radford

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow! I hate that it was that close but we found a way to come back late which we haven’t done a good job of this year. I thought we were done when Hughes pinch ran and got thrown out at second. Definitely would’ve been easy to lay down after Bart and McCann k’d To start the 9th, but great job grinding and taking advantage of error (and wild pitch) to win. Man I didn’t see that coming. Let’s win the next two decisively please

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I really only have one head scratching moment for the game tonight. Why in the world did CDH pinch run Hughes? What was the thinking there? I know that Taylor is slow, but why not pinch run with Guldberg, Radcliffe, or Waddell?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, almost our worst RPI loss of the year........

Thanks to the ninth inning error by Radford with two out, we got the win. But it's a win. I didn't give up, I got nauseated at 5-3. Left 10 on; 16 hits and only 6 runs.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Hall talking about using this week end to fix the bullpen was a definite signal to the team that this would be easy. Willhite said post game that they were not really focused until the 9th with two out.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I am trying to get up there for the Duke game (Senior Day) how much are the tickets? 10$ or varied we like to sit behind the catcher in the stands under the shade are they still 10$ or varied anyone can answer

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I am trying to get up there for the Duke game (Senior Day) how much are the tickets? 10$ or varied we like to sit behind the catcher in the stands under the shade are they still 10$ or varied anyone can answer
Probably right around that. When I go to games, we just sit in the bleachers for like $8.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably right around that. When I go to games, we just sit in the bleachers for like $8.
I didn't know with it being senior day that day the price for the tickets would go up but we may try to be up there on senior day,thanks man

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall talking about using this week end to fix the bullpen was a definite signal to the team that this would be easy. Willhite said post game that they were not really focused until the 9th with two out.

Hall was wrong, we aren't fielding well, hitting well (in April) and our relievers have been awful. The substitution of Hughes to run shows the caliber of our coach. What would Mike Fox have done?

My favorite part of the inning was English with "blazing" speed going from second to home on a single. Didn't know the boy could move that fast.

Wilhite was being sarcastic I believe. Clutch "hit" for Austin gives him that right. His long fly would have been caught by most ACC outfielders I believe.

But I'll take it. Our first walk off this year. Time for the odds to come back to us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep, that’s how Clemson has won half their games. Against bad Cirginia last week, they swept...in 3 games all by just 1 run. Ain’t no shame in luck. We just need a comfortable 12-2 game today.

Today we have our best pitcher starting. Hopefully English is playing at first! McCann's error in the eighth was ...... not inspiring.

I think we get lots of hits ..... Radford can't be that deep pitching and we went through probably 2 of their best relievers (41 and 32 pitches) ....... and got 10 hits off the two.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This series doesn’t matter except for morale purposes.

Our only way into post season is to win the ACC tourney....a long shot at best.