1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Quincy Avery Tweet

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by ATL1, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

His goal was, "Lookitme, Lookitme, Lookitme!!"

Mission accomplished, I guess.

Eta. I know a guy that does the same type of work for DB's in FL. Has had guys drafted. Has guys at major D1 schools right now but you'll never know his name. Because that's not why he does it.

GTRock and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  2. FrostedOrange

FrostedOrange Helluva Engineer

So now I get to hear that GT offense isn't made for 3rd and short? Dang it!

buzzmaniac likes this.
  3. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

You keep moving the goal posts. All those years post Dodd included bowl games, when we won enough to get to bowl games. The reality is that the only years after Dodd where an extra game or two might have netted 10 wins, if they won both of them, are 1970, 85, and 2000. All the other 8 win seasons already had 12-13 games played so the additional game wouldn't have mattered.

You're just wrong on this.

buzzmaniac and Animal02 like this.
  4. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

75 the record was 7-4. Adding two games would bring the total to 9 wins. Same with 89. In 99 we played twelve games, so adding a 13th would only net 99 wins.

I've already stipulated 70, 85, and 2000. Either way, CPJ was responsible for have of the excellent seasons post Dodd, no matter how much you try to demean his accomplishments.

5. TheTechGuy

TheTechGuy Helluva Engineer

I love that @CuseJacket posts a monologue bemoaning the site devolving because of discussion about transition from CPJ to CGC, and then a mod creates a new thread for a tweet bashing CPJ's offense. Comedic gold there...

herb likes this.
  6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Take out of context much? I'm pretty sure you're well aware a mod didn't start a PJ bashing thread, they were cleaning up another thread and split it because this one had people talking. But you already know this, you're not stupid. But you're obviously something else.

Happy Sunday.

7. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

Give it time. As soon as the OL gives up more sacks than someone thinks they should...the ST gives up a TD on a punt or KO...the QB throws a couple of interceptions and the favorite backup doesn’t go in on the next series...we run too little or too much...you get the point. The bashing will start. That’s the nature of arm-chair coaches, and IIWII.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

I was agreeing with you and adding my 2 cents worth.

gt02 likes this.
  9. TheTechGuy

TheTechGuy Helluva Engineer

Exactly how is my comment out of context? A mod chose to start a new thread utilizing a tweet that bashes the old coaching staff. My original comment didn't question intent, it simply pointed out the comedy in that event occurring after a mod posted an excessive piece bemoaning devolving discussion stemming from comparison of the two coaching staffs.

A mod did start a thread with a CPJ-bashing tweet after a mod complained that comparisons of the two coaching staffs was creating problems. I have no opinion on the matter, but I find it very funny.

Milwaukee likes this.
  10. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Yes....and it will be the same people that bashed CPJ for the last 11 years. :cautious:

11. jojatk

jojatk Helluva Engineer

Yes it was an ignorant observation. I thought at the time that hiring CPJ was a great way to change the game at GT. In hindsight I still feel like it was a good choice and CPJ and his teams gave us many, many great memories and some amazing seasons.

But it's also an interesting insight into the vehemence some people in the football world with influence over young athletes had for what we were doing. I don't understand that vehemence but it's clear there was serious dislike for us. I don't begrudge people responding to him with factual information but to me, that type of tweet is so outlandish that it's meaningless and responding to it gives it a voice it shouldn't have. I don't feel like that about everything but this one just didn't seem to me to warrant being taken seriously. And beyond that he's talking about something that doesn't exist here any longer so it's doubly irrelevant. That's just my opinion and I completely understand people wanting to debunk it.

12. kg01

I move we lock this thread. Just my $0.02 but it doesn't appear to be headed anywheres good.

Kinda like how Hwy 78 heads straight to Athens.

#ItsAlwaysHateWeek

13. Milwaukee

That's just people (other teams) having more influence than us imo. They hated us no matter how much they tried to downplay it and say that we didn't matter. Here's the funny thing: As happy as we are that Collins is in town and things are changing...equals how happy all the coaches that play us are now that they don't have to deal with Paul anymore.

Can you imagine an emphasis on recruiting like the current beasts have combined with PJ's system?? God help college football, cause it wouldn't be stopped.

Got way off track there.

14. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

I second the motion!

15. Milwaukee

Damnit, I actually agree. But I was typing my sweet *** post as you posted this.

16. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

I agree totally, but it was the mods who created it, sooooo they must like it (n)

17. kg01

It's not the mods fault for assuming we'd collectively act like adults.

18. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

Lol, true.

19. kg01

When I'm anywhere close to being a voice of reason, that's a sad state of affairs. We should all be afraid. :oops:

burdell151 and herb like this.
  20. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

Well . . . You are the get-bak coach now

Whiskey_Clear and kg01 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.