Quincy Avery Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is what I'll say to that:

Jordan Yates was one of Avery's "students". Even though Avery was quite vocal about being anti-triple option, Yates never wavered when he was committed to CPJ and the option.

Many things have been said about GT running the option, but one thing no one can argue is: 2 Orange Bowls, 3 ACCCGs, 1 ACC Championship. That's what the triple option in Atlanta got us.

Like I posted in another thread. Some of best seasons and memories in tech history are under paul. If collins can do that or add to it we will be very lucky

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Animal: The "ignoring of defensive holding of O linemen" is really a BIG factor. It seems that year in and year out the definition of O line holding is muted more and more. If they called it when they needed to call it, would it slow down play? Yes, for a while, but guys would adjust and learn technique blocking. There would also be more QB sacks, which I think is exciting. It is frustrating.
Still remember our last game against Notre Dame. Seemed liked they held on every play and neutralized our defensive line. Never got called.​

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have a question and don't want to start a new thread, so will ask it here. Where is Mike Jackets? He was posting so many times and have not seen him lately.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Sometimes people take a hiatus. I was off this site for several months and no one noticed.
:)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Jordan Yates was one of Avery's "students". Even though Avery was quite vocal about being anti-triple option, Yates never wavered when he was committed to CPJ and the option.

Many things have been said about GT running the option, but one thing no one can argue is: 2 Orange Bowls, 3 ACCCGs, 1 ACC Championship. That's what the triple option in Atlanta got us.
Don't forget 3 mutt wins.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I have a question and don't want to start a new thread, so will ask it here. Where is Mike Jackets? He was posting so many times and have not seen him lately.

I think he may have a new handle, but I'm not sure.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow

He's "YellowJacketFan..." something I believe. Could be wrong. You know it's gotten bad if y'all ran MikeJacket away lol

He's "YellowJacketFan..." something I believe. Could be wrong. You know it's gotten bad if y'all ran MikeJacket away lol
With the unexpected passing of OldJacketFan, one can't help but wonder if maybe something has happened to Mike. If OJF's daughter had not known of his love for this site, we might not have known about him. Hopefully, if something has happened to Mike, someone in his family knows about the site and will notify us.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oh what could’ve been if we simply continued the diamond in 2012/13 and put our lineman in 2pt stances
The wide gaps qb in shotgun w single back behind him, 2 wide wrz, and 2 tall slot receivers is the air raid. It morphed into a very effective running offense after defense adjusted to stop the long pass.

On right defense the qb signals and ol goes into 3 point w a quick snap.

I hope we drive block this year and don t bear dance every down.
Going to be a long wait till spring game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don’t think anyone could argue the results. I’m not gonna go into a back and forth about it but in Atlanta I will say it was low key killing the program.

Awesome job not going into the back and forth on it. And how many times have you complained about CPJ fans not “moving on?”

Lololol

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

And 50% of the 10+ win seasons post-Dodd...

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
And 50% of the 10+ win seasons post-Dodd...
Not trying to diminish it because it’s imprtant, but with ACC title games and a 12 game schedule he did get 2 more games than basically every other coach besides Gailey. With rule changes, there’s about 8 other seasons that could have been possible and 4 that would have been extremely realistic to hit that 10 win Margain with modern scheduling. Context is important

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not trying to diminish it because it’s imprtant, but with ACC title games and a 12 game schedule he did get 2 more games than basically every other coach besides Gailey. With rule changes, there’s about 8 other seasons that could have been possible and 4 that would have been extremely realistic to hit that 10 win Margain with modern scheduling. Context is important

Well he did win 11 both those years, so I guess we could meet in the middle and round down to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.