1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Quincy Avery Tweet

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by ATL1, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gt02

gt02 Ramblin' Wreck

Lol. Y’all two need to just block each other.

(P.S. Don’t hate me. I love CPJ too!)

2. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

I've never understood the whole locking down the thread concept. We have threads that have gone on for 200 pages and you pretty much knew after 3 pages that nothing new would be said. Not saying this one shouldn't be locked down just saying I've seen far worse go on for ever.

Animal02 likes this.
  3. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Mostly it’s to protect unsuspecting bystanders who are looking for discussion on the topic that’s in the title, when the thread has gotten so badly hijacked that it’s full time work to get the off topic stuff out.
    Sometimes, there’s the unrewarded hope that the thread will get back on track. It’s like the Creed-Drago fight in Rocky 4 where they should have thrown the towel in, but didn’t, and by the time they did it was far too late.
    When a thread gets hijacked and argumentative, it’s like losing Carl Weathers all over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

If people follow the rules, stop attacking each other, and stay on topic, there should never be a reason to close any thread.

Edit: I don't stand innocent of this all the time, myself.

Animal02 and kg01 like this.
  5. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Haha. Conscious got the best of ya?

forensicbuzz likes this.
  6. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Thread drift is inevitable after awhile. Unfortunately it seems recently though, that instead of politely having disagreements...there has been a demand to agree with a particular group or go sit in the back of the bus.

7. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

You haven't exactly been the politest in your disagreements with folks, lately. I mean, we could all stand to do better, but sometimes we have to start with the man in the mirror.

GTRock likes this.
  8. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

I have not told anyone to stop posting.....with the exception of false allegations being made.

9. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

Nah. Didn't want to come across as too much of a self-righteous twit. We could all choose our words better, so I didn't want people to think I was casting stones at anyone in particular, because I definitely wasn't.

kg01 likes this.
  10. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Actually I don’t think so. I think those folks hated the triple and Paul so much they would now excuse any level of poor performance just because they are now rescued from the triple.

Many who disliked the triple still appreciated it when it operated at elite levels despite their preference for something different. That I can respect.

He’s probably just mad Paul wouldn’t use him as a bag man. Actually....it’s far more likely he’s simply a moron.

jojatk likes this.
  11. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

I think this is a charming thread now.
    :)

Gtbowhunter90 and smokey_wasp like this.
  12. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

Exactly this.

The intent in splitting this out into its own thread should be obvious. This Tweet had little to do with the thread it was posted in. And, it spurred some discussion that I did not want to derail the other thread.

That said, regardless of what thread the tweet was posted in, it doesn't take a genius to guess what direction this conversation would take. But, I didn't want to assume and shut down discussion prematurely.

So, with that said, based on the content and tenor of the last couple pages of replies and removed posts, this thread is ready for the lock.

Augusta_Jacket and Animal02 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.