Quick Lane Bowl Postgame Discussion

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The defense in the 2014 acc champ game against fsu was the polar opposite of this game.
Ol for fsu were giants and rb was all American. Our dl scratched, fought , held and our lb filled the holes as best they could. Left the field proud and went on to orange bowl

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So in your opinion we were just significantly worse than a team that got blown out by Illinois and Nebraska? You don't think there was any lack of interest or motivation here?

Probably some of that, but mostly they just got beat. Minnesota was blown out by Illinois and Nebraska, but stomped Wisconsin in their season finale. There is no transitive property to football. Just got beat today. Put it in your pocket. Minnesota is obviously bigger and stronger.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If you want to trash our players even more, be my guest.

Pffft. Firstly, my response was to a post that primirily addressed coaching staff. Secondly, whether players know what position they might have next year (or none if leaving) is completely irrelevant. Thirdly, if it were relevant, everyone in the organization had better have a personal reckoning with tonight’s crap-show if they have self-respect or dignity. As for the kids, they’re getting a free ride at Tech but won’t be given that in the real world. So, yeah, this is a seminal moment for them as well.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Probably some of that, but mostly they just got beat. Minnesota was blown out by Illinois and Nebraska, but stomped Wisconsin in their season finale. There is no transitive property to football. Just got beat today. Put it in your pocket. Minnesota is obviously bigger and stronger.
Minnesota fired their DC- and in a few games they got way better.

I point out if u think the Minnesota team looked bigger and stronger, please imagine if the 2 guys going to NFL being on the field.

Got to bring in talented coaches and players.

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
My one concern is that our athletes looked smaller and slower. They did not look like Power 5 athletes. If that is true, then CGC is in for a long 2-3 years until he gets a whole bunch of bigger, stronger, faster guys in house.

After 11yrs of PJ, you're just now realizing this?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
We had 44 carries. TQM had 22 (Oliver another 9). Mason 5 carries; Howard 2 carries; Lynch 1 carry. This was no Option, was not a legit offense at any level and was pathetic at every level.

You have to wonder if Taquon’s opportunity to set a QB record with two 1,000 yard rushing seasons played a role in his number of carries...

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Lol. YES. Why are you in denial?
Because I actually watched our team play this year and in no other game were we this bad. You really think Minnesota is in a different league than all of the teams we beat? You think they are on par with UGA and Clemson?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pffft. Firstly, my response was to a post that primirily addressed coaching staff. Secondly, whether players know what position they might have next year (or none if leaving) is completely irrelevant. Thirdly, if it were relevant, everyone in the organization had better have a personal reckoning with tonight’s crap-show if they have self-respect or dignity. As for the kids, they’re getting a free ride at Tech but won’t be given that in the real world. So, yeah, this is a seminal moment for them as well.
Im just saying that trashing our players and saying they have no self respect or dignity because they may not be completely motivated for a terrible bowl game after all of their coaches either retired or got fired is a bit of a stretch.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Im just saying that trashing our players and saying they have no self respect or dignity because they may not be completely motivated for a terrible bowl game after all of their coaches either retired or got fired is a bit of a stretch.

I can't figure out what you're saying. You seem to contradict yourself a lot.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You have to wonder if Taquon’s opportunity to set a QB record with two 1,000 yard rushing seasons played a role in his number of carries...

Interesting thought. I don’t think it’s in his character personally. Probably the shortcoming/limitation of the offense given the personnel. Still, looking over past couple years, it doesn’t take an expert analysis to recognize something has been “off” with the CPJ plan. Which, since no one has a specific fix outside “our crappy recruiting budget”, is why many of us are at least hopeful for CGC (of course “hope and change” can be “smoke and mirrors”, too)

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I can't figure out what you're saying. You seem to contradict yourself a lot.
I am replying to someone who claimed that our players lack self respect and dignity if they didn't have full motivation and play their hardest given the situation they are in. What are you confused about?