Quick Lane Bowl Postgame Discussion

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
QB: Tobias should've started, and at the very least come in after 2 3-and-outs... Outside of JT, CPJ failed to field recruit a great QB for his system

D: I don't think the defense has forced a punt since Virginia... pitiful during Paul's entire career

Skill players: love em but they are not power 5 starter caliber... truth hurts

Thanks to CPJ.... but Bring on CGC. Please get talent back on the flats

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
It would have been nice to win one more for PJ. He saved us a buyout and had some good years. Minnesota really worked us, and dominated the LOS.
Full circle. CPJ took over after an uninspired performance on the blue turf at the Hum Bowl 11 years ago. CPJ goes out with an uninspired performance at the Oil Change Bowl 11 years later.
i thought the same thing. Win a couple ACC games in a row, get dominated by uga, dominated in a bowl, then start over.
I’ve been a big PJ fan, but this bowl game has me ready for a change just like 2007. The difference is I’ll remember PJ fondly vs how I remember Chan.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
What a flop by the players. Now I know why none of the coaching staff was retained. Poor blocking, poor passing, and oh my gosh poor tackling. Coach Collins doesn't have much to work with on the defensive side. I can not figure out why Johnson didn't pull Marshall after the first quarter. Thank goodness, no more triple option.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I just want to know why Oliver wasn't put in sooner. I get that it was TQMs last game at GT, but for crying out loud he did not look good but for maybe 1 or 2 plays all game.

I almost wish our game was like BCs bowl game and ended in a no contest today

Is there any post game presser yet?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Lest some, or many, of us all forget, Bobby Dodd lost his last bowl game, too.

Yeah, but that was very different. His 1966 team was a big overachiever to get to 9-0, and lost the last two to teams that were much better. They lost to Georgia which finished 10-1, and Florida which finished 9-2. Very, very different.
It's not so much that we lost, but how we lost.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t Tech ranked 8 in the country and the opponent Florida in the Orange Bowl?

Yes, GT lost that year to UGA which lost only to Miami, and to Florida which lost only to Miami and Georgia. That they went 9-0 before they lost those two was a spectacular overachievement. Bobby Dodd said he was prouder of that team than any he had here.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was impressed with the Gophers D. They improved tremendously after they canned their DC.

Was not impressed with our D. Minnesota had exactly ZERO punts.

And Percy had a game he and we wouldn't have even dreamed possible. Longest put was 23 yards!! 4 punt for a total of 75 yards... Yikes!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I just want to know why Oliver wasn't put in sooner. I get that it was TQMs last game at GT, but for crying out loud he did not look good but for maybe 1 or 2 plays all game.

I almost wish our game was like BCs bowl game and ended in a no contest today

Is there any post game presser yet?
Was on the radio...