Question for y"all

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This may have already been covered in here since I did not read every posting but I see us hanging on to our guys offensively and that being the attraction to us getting some defensive game changer types on defense through the portal, recruiting and immediately having the players for championship type team in season 2024. I say this with one stipulation and that is J Batt gets us enough NIL money to hang on to what we have and add the defensive players we need. If we don't get the NIL money then our whole program drops like a one egg pudding. Lot of pressure on J Batt and Angel IMO, I'm betting they get the job done.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We have to recruit studs on the OL and front 7 on defense. Until we do, it will be business as usual.
I hear this argument every year, yet there are probably 40ish teams better than we are right now and I don’t think they all have studs across the OL, DL, and LB positions. Some here and there for sure, but I think it’s a lazy excuse for why we’ve been so poor lately.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
and who have they beaten? Elon, Vandy, and Old Dominion
You are not impressed that they beat an SEC team? Doesn't it mean more? Watching them against Old Dominion, they still do that slow motion RPO and the quarterback is very good at reading the defenses and can spot open receivers who are not primary targets. In the limited time that I watched them it seems as though they spent a lot of time marching up and down the field between the 20s with little to show for it in way of points. Old Dominion hung with them but failed to close the deal in the fourth quarter and a critical turnover doomed them. An interesting team all the way around. Should be a good game.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I hear this argument every year, yet there are probably 40ish teams better than we are right now and I don’t think they all have studs across the OL, DL, and LB positions. Some here and there for sure, but I think it’s a lazy excuse for why we’ve been so poor lately.
I don't totally disagree with the OP that we could use help in the trenches, but I saw an article, I believe it was on Yahoo Sports, before the Ole Miss game comparing the starting line-ups. It had their size and recruiting star ratings, the headline of the article was something like, "Even Match-up Looming for Ole Miss". I tried to find it, but
I'm a bit technically challenged ... did anyone else see that ??