QB Johnson injured - UPDATE

GTFootball2018

Georgia Tech Fan
He was a Redshirt FRESHMAN and MJ was a redshirt Junior. CPJ said it was a non contact injury, that has nothing to do with durability. He has had a hamstring issue and played in that years spring game and banged his hand on a helmet in spring game.
THANK YOU! Lucas will come back stronger...this is a setback...but he will come back!!

Deleted member 2897

I expect TO and JG to beat him out and he’ll end up QB3 next year. Remember how critical many people were of Matthew Jordan (especially his passing) and yet he beat LJ too. Some people are just not durable unfortunately.

My post reads like a piece of **** attack on LJ. I apologize for it reading that way. I didn’t mean it as a personal attack. I just meant it seems some people are cursed with bad luck and not that he’s a whimp or can’t take it. I would love to see him as QB1 next year and hope he makes it there. I just have this bad feeling based on his past history.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
All true. Some people are just bit with the injury bug. I think all the time TO and JG are going to get in practice and in games is going to continue to help them advance.
If they stay #2&#3 qb, #2will get some in season reps, but #3 not so much. And terms of game reps, outside of the first game they aren’t going to get many reps. Yes it will help them but not going to make a huge amount of difference.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My post reads like a piece of **** attack on LJ. I apologize for it reading that way. I didn’t mean it as a personal attack. I just meant it seems some people are cursed with bad luck and not that he’s a whimp or can’t take it. I would love to see him as QB1 next year and hope he makes it there. I just have this bad feeling based on his past history.

I don't think your post was judgmental at all. WTBS, IF he is out for the year his career at Tech may never get off the ground. Between a year's layoff and then getting the rust off, it seems like guys like this get leapfrogged and never catch up. Does anyone recall any GT QB ever who was not already a starter who sat out a year for medical reasons who went on to take a starting position? I can't recall anyone but my memory is not the best either. hate it for the young fellow.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You never know when it’s going to be your chance when you’re a back up. Best advice is to be ready & do your best to not give up the spot once you get it. It’s why quitters never excel. They keep trying to find that place where they’re coronated as the leader because they lack the drive & perseverance to power thru adversity (injury, being underestimated, bad timing, etc). If LJ’s a winner, this setback will not get in his way. His past track record, ie coming back from injury seems to make me believe this is a guy “not to bet against”.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. It’s why quitters never excel. They keep trying to find that place where they’re coronated as the leader because they lack the drive & perseverance to power thru adversity (injury, being underestimated, bad timing, etc). If LJ’s a winner, this setback will not get in his way. His past track record, ie coming back from injury seems to make me believe this is a guy “not to bet against”.

While I agree with your first sentence, there are several instances where a player has moved on and found success in other places...Dewberry, Albert Poree, Dorsey Levens are all players whose careers benefited from taking a chance on a fresh start. (just off the top of my head). While I would love LJ to battle back and become the next Joe Hamilton, I go back to my original premise...has the ever been a QB who missed a year due to injury who ever became the starter at QB for GT. It just seems like a year off at that spot is insurmountable. Or has been historically. But I wish nothing but the best for him no matter what.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Posted this on the Fall Camp thread

Tobias and James are going to be fine as back ups to TM. Tobias can run the O if needed and I don't doubt that CPJ and CCC will be force feeding James ;) I hate that LJ got hurt, I truly think he is the most well rounded QB on the team.
Stupid question, but who are Jones/James?

LibertyTurns

Banned
While I agree with your first sentence, there are several instances where a player has moved on and found success in other places...Dewberry, Albert Poree, Dorsey Levens are all players whose careers benefited from taking a chance on a fresh start. (just off the top of my head). While I would love LJ to battle back and become the next Joe Hamilton, I go back to my original premise...has the ever been a QB who missed a year due to injury who ever became the starter at QB for GT. It just seems like a year off at that spot is insurmountable. Or has been historically. But I wish nothing but the best for him no matter what.
I got focused on the “quitter” label. There’s a “not easy to make” distinction between quitters & those making a good choice to shift gears. You are correct, however you overlooked the most successful one of all: Quitsey Carter.