QB battle

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Injured is a relative term.
A shoulder stinger is not an injury.

Why would CPJ push him to come back and aggravate it when he is probably the starter.
That make zero sense to push him to come back.
Are you close to the team? Serious question because I haven't heard that it was a stinger anywhere. I've played football for a long time and never saw someone miss practice for a significant amount of time from a stinger.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I got the skinny from big Paul himself....I will let ya know who's starting vs UT....just pm your credit card info and all will be revealed...QBs and the entire 3 deep:sneaky:

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Are you close to the team? Serious question because I haven't heard that it was a stinger anywhere. I've played football for a long time and never saw someone miss practice for a significant amount of time from a stinger.

Yea..how you know lol

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Coach seems to be having fun with the mystery. Will be interesting to see who it is starting game one and see if that person holds the job all season...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have a completely new angle on the qb "controversy." Actually, this is a scenario that uniquely presents itself when you have multiple capable qb's.

Fast forward to the season, we have a capable starting qb, whomever it is. We have capable backups, whomever they are. When does CPJ use the hook?

You don't want to destroy a young guy's confidence and get in his head. All players need to feel they can make mistakes, or iow, can't play in fear of making mistakes. A young qb also needs to be able to work through a mistake in order to learn and get better. The only way to truly get better at anything is to make a mistake, figure it out, learn how to do it right. Real game lessons are the ones that matter most.

On the other hand, you don't want to leave a guy out there who is struggling mightily, for many reasons. He could suffer a huge set back in confidence and you risk losing the game and losing the support and confidence of the team.

So how much leash does the qb get? Does it vary depending on who it is?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What I don't like about this is that none of these guys just took over the spot (or seemingly, that is). CPJ said in past years we just had one guy that was better than the rest. Well the guys competing now are "the rest" and they all seem to be about equal. I'm sure we will be fine, but I don't think we are going to have someone as capable as Justin, which just worries me a bit. Good news is whoever it is will have a ton of talent around him.

Deleted member 2897

What I don't like about this is that none of these guys just took over the spot (or seemingly, that is). CPJ said in past years we just had one guy that was better than the rest. Well the guys competing now are "the rest" and they all seem to be about equal. I'm sure we will be fine, but I don't think we are going to have someone as capable as Justin, which just worries me a bit. Good news is whoever it is will have a ton of talent around him.

With all due respect, you're reading too much into this. CPJ isn't saying they all suck equally (I know you didn't say that specifically). He literally said again just a couple days ago that the QB position is the least of his worries. They are all great options. Its just that nobody is playing poorly, they are all pushing each other.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I get what you're saying, but competition is a good thing. Nothing makes a player work harder, pay better attention, get there a little earlier, stay there a little later, basically go the extra mile than somebody nipping at their heels or having somebody a smidgeon in front of you. Competition is the best motivator in the world. If anything will see our young qb's reach their full potential, it's competition and the real chance to play.

Having a bunch of guys all capable also gives the coach way more options on game day and incase of ******. (not gonna say it :censored:)