QB battle

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you on the forgetfulness. I just don't agree that JJ is not a real factor to play against Tennessee. Unless I am missing something (perhaps some insider stuff) I haven't seen enough public reps or comments to know that LJ has gotten preferential reps. Glad to actually know who's going to play if you got tips..

No QB for CPJ (no matter how talented) is going to sniff the field in a meaningful game if he's a big turnover risk. JJ is currently that guy, no matter how bad we want him he's likely not ready for this stage yet.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The perfect Death March according to DCS:

-95 yard drive
-19 plays of 5 yards a pop
-no third downs (they just make me nervous... that's why I said 5 yds a pop)
-take 10 minutes off the clock (easily doable assuming we use the majority of the play clock between snaps)

And score some points at the end please!

bentlloyd

Georgia Tech Fan
The guys that are redshirt freshmen have had a year of practice. It's not like they're completely new to the offense. I say we should start the best player, regardless of in-game "experience" (not that any of them have much, save for MJ's one game).

Deleted member 2897

I agree with Techster, and disagree with tech_wreck...both most respectfully. And here's a few reasons why, if TM is one of the top QBs on the team, why would you ever talk about shifting him to A-Back? If JJ is not one of the top QBs, why would you out and out refuse to move him to another position? I like Techster's read on this. We need multiple great QBs, because football is a violent sport. CPJ wants JJ to keep growing and progressing, because the sky is the limit for him. We need a competent player on the bench. JJ will benefit from more time learning the system. If we move him to another position, he won't advance in his QB skillset and knowledge of the offense. TM is already there - he can be moved to A-Back and then if God forbid QB1 goes down, he can always be moved back. In terms of MJ, I don't know. We could keep him for goal line stuff, or maybe he just enjoys getting his MBA on the house and moves on if he's not going to be QB1. I feel bad for him, and life isn't fair. All these stupid injuries making him miss time are not his fault, but its clearly letting everyone else play catchup. The whole thing feels crappy, but just goes to show the dynamic that factories have every year. All these SEC teams and Clemson and Florida State and so on are stacked with 4* QBs and higher. Its the nature of the business. Its why little old Georgia Tech puts a similar percentage of 4*+ players into the NFL that Alabama does. We have a smaller pool to start from, but Alabama has so many that they all literally can't see the field - its theoretically impossible. Tons of highly rated, great players pass through there never having played appreciable amounts of time on the field at all.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Techster, and disagree with tech_wreck...both most respectfully. And here's a few reasons why, if TM is one of the top QBs on the team, why would you ever talk about shifting him to A-Back? If JJ is not one of the top QBs, why would you out and out refuse to move him to another position? I like Techster's read on this. We need multiple great QBs, because football is a violent sport. CPJ wants JJ to keep growing and progressing, because the sky is the limit for him. We need a competent player on the bench. JJ will benefit from more time learning the system. If we move him to another position, he won't advance in his QB skillset and knowledge of the offense. TM is already there - he can be moved to A-Back and then if God forbid QB1 goes down, he can always be moved back. In terms of MJ, I don't know. We could keep him for goal line stuff, or maybe he just enjoys getting his MBA on the house and moves on if he's not going to be QB1. I feel bad for him, and life isn't fair. All these stupid injuries making him miss time are not his fault, but its clearly letting everyone else play catchup. The whole thing feels crappy, but just goes to show the dynamic that factories have every year. All these SEC teams and Clemson and Florida State and so on are stacked with 4* QBs and higher. Its the nature of the business. Its why little old Georgia Tech puts a similar percentage of 4*+ players into the NFL that Alabama does. We have a smaller pool to start from, but Alabama has so many that they all literally can't see the field - its theoretically impossible. Tons of highly rated, great players pass through there never having played appreciable amounts of time on the field at all.
I don't know where we disagree? I agree with your comments. Am I missing something that you don't agree with?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I find it hilarious that the favored QB got dinged in practice now he is 4th on the depth chart, moving to AB or just getting his MBA and moving on.
Boy I am glad you guys don't coach the team.
Not one person said he was going to move to AB (the person said they doubt it would happen but they wonder about it) also someone just made a statement, whether it be crazy or not that they would wonder if he would just get his MBA, it's happened before. And it's not crazy to think he's 4th (not saying he is) because of his injuries. Are you going to put an injured guy above a guy not injured?

Jamar33

Georgia Tech Fan
Like I said, it's just talk and it could be wrong. But there has been some people on this board that go to practices that have said it, and Kelly Q has said it.

I guess that is where my disconnect is (no matter what position it may be)
One player has to sit a few days so the other guys get more reps and now player A is done. Player A is the only one with game experience.
It will be MJ or TM vs UT. I would say MJ starts. bet my paycheck on it.

Jamar33

Georgia Tech Fan
Not one person said he was going to move to AB (the person said they doubt it would happen but they wonder about it) also someone just made a statement, whether it be crazy or not that they would wonder if he would just get his MBA, it's happened before. And it's not crazy to think he's 4th (not saying he is) because of his injuries. Are you going to put an injured guy above a guy not injured?

Injured is a relative term.
A shoulder stinger is not an injury.

Why would CPJ push him to come back and aggravate it when he is probably the starter.
That make zero sense to push him to come back.

Deleted member 2897

I don't know where we disagree? I agree with your comments. Am I missing something that you don't agree with?

I disagree with you that you disagree with my saying we are disagreeing about something. Honestly, I can't remember anymore and it isn't worth the time, and it makes me feel better if someone actually agrees, so maybe I'm drunk and we'll move on. :D

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Injured is a relative term.
A shoulder stinger is not an injury.

Why would CPJ push him to come back and aggravate it when he is probably the starter.
That make zero sense to push him to come back.

I am glad someone else gets it and doesn't jump off the deep end assuming.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I guess that is where my disconnect is (no matter what position it may be)
One player has to sit a few days so the other guys get more reps and now player A is done. Player A is the only one with game experience.
It will be MJ or TM vs UT. I would say MJ starts. bet my paycheck on it.
Don't shoot the messenger lol. That's just what I've seen. I'm not saying it's my opinion. If I had to guess TM will be the starter, after hearing CPJ say things are clearing up now, I don't think he could say things are clearing up now and be talking about MJ starting when he hasn't been practicing JMO. I honestly though MJ would start against UT but with the injury I just don't see it. So I'll tell you what I told another poster, I'll bet you $1000 internet money (not real money) for your paycheck? That seems fair right?