QB battle

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is not a likely scenario but an interesting one: T Marshall is the starting QB, Jordan is available for short yardage and 4 down zone, LJ is available for game situations like the Duke game a few seasons ago where the pass is required on almost every down, and JJ is for when you get behind two scores, nothing is working, and you need something totally different. MJ is death march, LJ is two minute drill, and JJ is hail Mary. Lots of tools! This would be tough on the OC but a nightmare for the opposing DC.
I'd be shocked to see this from what I've heard and seen from CPJ over the years.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Won't happen, but it would be fun to see us rotate 4 quarterbacks each with slightly different play sets into the game. Talk about a nightmare to prepare for.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Imo it wouldnt be a nightmare to prepare for, it would just be sloppy football with the ball on the ground a lot. JMO.

There's a reason why it won't happen. But I disagree. It would be a nightmare to prepare for -- for both us and our opponents. Kind of like what CPJ says about JJ. Big plays are gonna happen. Just not sure who for.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Love the quickness and ability to zip through a seam for big yards that TM and JJ have. It is tough enough to defend the option and when the QB is just a decent runner. I will be happy with whomever CPJ chooses but as a spectator I want to see TM and JJ leaving the vols shaking their heads all day long.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
MJ having to start at Miami in 2015 and at VT 2016 is pretty significant minutes, IMO. That's not mop up duty...that's main duty.
Yeah bc of an injury. Without injuries only time see a dif qb is goalline. But now i think i want Taquon or Jay to start, than Lucas. Good with any of those 3. Nothing against MJ. He can still do goalline. But i feel the other 3 will make our abacks more involved which is big bc theyve proven they can make big plays.

SlawDog

Banned
Yeah bc of an injury. Without injuries only time see a dif qb is goalline. But now i think i want Taquon or Jay to start, than Lucas. Good with any of those 3. Nothing against MJ. He can still do goalline. But i feel the other 3 will make our abacks more involved which is big bc theyve proven they can make big plays.

"If you haven't done it in a game then you haven't done it", Coach Pelton