ProJackets Update

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is way more personable than Belichik. I'm not sure Belichik has even smiled or cracked a joke in his entire lifetime or former life as an oak tree.
Surely there is an analogy waiting to be sprung, as in you don''t dance bad for ...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is way more personable than Belichik. I'm not sure Belichik has even smiled or cracked a joke in his entire lifetime or former life as an oak tree.
I agree 100%, CPJ, when asked questions doesn't sit there acting like it's a massive burden to be talking with the press. Belichick on the other head looks like everything is a burden to him, comes across rude, more Nick Saban like imo. But they do get it done on the field.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Talks exactly like a Belichick guy already doesn't he?
I kind of slid past it on the first read, but after reading several comments on this board over the months and maybe years about folks being sick of cut blocking and "aiming at somebody's knees," and wanting Tech to man up with blocking, well. Mason describes line play at Georgia Tech as "basically smash mouth football." Interesting.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I kind of slid past it on the first read, but after reading several comments on this board over the months and maybe years about folks being sick of cut blocking and "aiming at somebody's knees," and wanting Tech to man up with blocking, well. Mason describes line play at Georgia Tech as "basically smash mouth football." Interesting.

It always has been ;)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I love how we sell big athletic dudes (often D-linemen) on the fact that our offensive line gets to attack the defense all game. It's bringing in some guys who play with an edge out there, just aggressively hunting down guys to block. That Shaq play where he took down 2 Steelers shows that it's still valued in the NFL, too.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I love how we sell big athletic dudes (often D-linemen) on the fact that our offensive line gets to attack the defense all game. It's bringing in some guys who play with an edge out there, just aggressively hunting down guys to block. That Shaq play where he took down 2 Steelers shows that it's still valued in the NFL, too.
Think hat second guy was asking himself why his D line didn't keep blockers off of him? Looked for a second there he might hold his own until Mason collapsed him. That's a piece of film they won't enjoy seeing rewound for them.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice to see the city of Atlanta win a championship but I wouldn't be mad if the Patriots won, only because of Shaq Mason.

I really want to get a Shaq Mason #69 jersey. You know Gronk was pissed they don't allow non-linemen to wear numbers in the 60s (see the story about him wanting to retire at 69 TDs, plus him purposely missing a free throw in a high school game to keep his team's score at 69).

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He definitely struggled at times but I think he did better as the game progressed for the most part. Congrats on the ring Shaq!