ProJackets Update

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wonder where he learned to do that????? :D

Interesting note in that game. Shaq had to block Stephon Tuitt a lot in that game, and I'm not sure Tuitt ever did anything 1v1 against our boy.

Shaq is really blossoming this year. I wish I could find the article, but it said that Shaq has been the 4th highest rated overall player for the Pats this year.

I hate that Shaq is going up against the hometown Falcons, but I hope he has a great game and the Falcons win.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I am glad you fellows found this. I have been wondering how he was doing and how much he was playing, but I am cheap and the Boston paper has a paywall so there is that. Count me as among those who don't like Belichick, but I will admit I have no idea why. But it seems to me that from whomever it comes in that organization, this Mason draft and them going back to yet another Super Bowl go hand in hand. He keeps grabbing off really good players who for whatever reason don't get the ink and the pizzaz so fall in the draft, teaches them his system, and keeps winning. How many tight ends has he replaced with better ones? Good grief. I read that a college rercuiter doesn't give a flip for the techniques in HS. They are looking for the athletes for their system and the ability to adapt to it. In NE's case that seems to apply to college as well.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Hi
I wish he would leave, and the falcons pick him up when he becomes a free agent.
Someone always mentions how raw he was when he was drafted because of our offense but I feel that it's a lot easier to make a good run blocker into a pass blocker than vice versa.

I know the NFL is a passing league but there's plenty of good pass blockers out there that don't have a job because they cannot do both. It seems to me if your gonna draft a guy that's only proven on one side it would be easier to convert someone like Shaq into an all around player.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Hi

Someone always mentions how raw he was when he was drafted because of our offense but I feel that it's a lot easier to make a good run blocker into a pass blocker than vice versa.

I know the NFL is a passing league but there's plenty of good pass blockers out there that don't have a job because they cannot do both. It seems to me if your gonna draft a guy that's only proven on one side it would be easier to convert someone like Shaq into an all around player.
Bellichek said they liked him because his run blocking was leagues ahead of other prospects

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I never doubted Shaq playing in the NFL. I knew he'd be competing strong. Didn't quite anticipate he'd dominate so soon but hard work on top of God given ability will take you far.

wxl

Georgia Tech Fan
People don't like Bellichek for the same reason people don't like Paul Johnson. Neither suffer fools or stupid questions well. They are both straight forward and honest and sometimes blunt. Bellichek is a good friend of Johnson's from his days at Navy where Bellichek's dad had coached and stay involved after retiring and was good friends with Johnson.