ProJackets Update

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

MCDANIELS: MASON'S HEIGHT (OR LACK THEREOF) GIVES HIM 'BUILT-IN LEVERAGE'
Not only has Mason been able to move bigger defenders off their spot at the line of scrimmage, he's also tapped into his collegiate background with the Yellow Jackets -- where the option offense was a way of life -- to overwhelm opponents when pulling or getting into the open field on screens.

"He’s worked to get back in and really be a strong contributor and a consistent performer for us," McDaniels said. "His attitude has always been very good. He works extremely hard at his craft . . . Practices hard. It’s important to him. He loves the game of football. He enjoys competing and playing. He’s tough. He can really move. He’s got great agility . . . He’s matured, he understands the pro game, he’s more comfortable in our system this year, and I think we’re seeing that in his play."

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Plenty of work looms for Adam Gotsis in offseason

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...ffseason/8c69b158-bebc-47fb-8284-8b438618319f

"I still think about it a little bit, just because I've still got the knee brace on there, so it feels a little different than running freely," Gotsis said as his rookie season concluded.

"Hopefully I don't have to wear that thing forever."

If all goes according to plan, that wish will come true. Gotsis said he expects his running work in the coming months to take place without a brace. If all goes well there, he should play his second season unencumbered.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Plenty of work looms for Adam Gotsis in offseason

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...ffseason/8c69b158-bebc-47fb-8284-8b438618319f

"I still think about it a little bit, just because I've still got the knee brace on there, so it feels a little different than running freely," Gotsis said as his rookie season concluded.

"Hopefully I don't have to wear that thing forever."

If all goes according to plan, that wish will come true. Gotsis said he expects his running work in the coming months to take place without a brace. If all goes well there, he should play his second season unencumbered.

See that photo of AG in that article...that dirty Raider trying to cut, I mean chop, him!! They allow that in the pros?!?!?

On a more serious note, he seems to be fighting that cut off rather adeptly. I wonder how he picked up that skill?....:rolleyes:

Cam

Helluva Engineer
See that photo of AG in that article...that dirty Raider trying to cut, I mean chop, him!! They allow that in the pros?!?!?

On a more serious note, he seems to be fighting that cut off rather adeptly. I wonder how he picked up that skill?....:rolleyes:
Why do you think he's got knee problems? Because he played against that dirty chop blocking offense in college. EVERY DAY. They don't even have a scout team there. The defensive players just play against that archaic triple option all day at practice where they teach their 300 pound lineman to blow out opponents' knees to take them out of the season. I know they teach that because my cousin's son-in-law's uncle's roommate from college works with a guy who knew their OL coach in high school. Makes me sick.