Preseason Depth Chart

kirkbenson71

Georgia Tech Fan
You need to calm tf down. The problem with someone in your position is it's impossible to not take these comments personally, being as it's your son I can understand that. So I'll say it like this just one time, don't try me like that. You're basically saying that I'm not supporting your son when that's not the case. My history of support speaks for itself.

If someone said Lendale White should've been starting over Reggie Bush that didn't mean they were bashing Bush. Your comments about Mills makes absolutely no sense, that's why I'm thinking you're emotional right now and not rational. I understand that you take these words personally whether they're true or not, because that's your blood. That I understand, but I want to clarify before you go trying to smear what I was saying. Saying Howard is better is in no way tearing down your son.

Milwaukee

Banned
Man I hope he does, I hope he crushes it. And I should reiterate for the umteenth time since you want to be cute and be selective, nobody on this board is disrespecting your son. Thanks for stopping by though. Nice try.

kirkbenson71

Georgia Tech Fan
No not at all... his workouts have been all drill driven that focuses on angle running, power to speed drills. Stop and go's from stand still to max exilleration, drop and balance attack and more... all while encompassing a 200 yard obstacle course. And he does the courses a min of 10 times a session. We focused on him not fatiguing if we see the same carry load as last season; so if his load is less demanding look for a fresher 3rd and 4th quarter monster this year.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I was struck by the size of our defensive backs. The average weight of the 8 db's on the depth chart is 199 lbs. I looked it up, and found that the average FBS db weighs in at 189.

Other FBS averages are...

LB - 223 (we average 220, including the ILB, STGR and JACK)

DL - 270 (our average is 275)

OL - 297 (our average is 286)

WR - 190 (our average is 201)

QB - 207 (our average is 198)

RB - 202 (our average is 192)

These numbers are from the "Next College Student Athlete" website and were supposedly compiled from the last 5 years of rosters.

I know they're just statistics, but kind of interesting. Overall, we're just about average. Heavier at DB, DL (!), and WR, and lighter at OL, QB, and RB. About average at LB.

So, the defense is a bit heavier than average, and the offense is on the light side, overall. FWIW.
I love metrics...thank you

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
No not at all... his workouts have been all drill driven that focuses on angle running, power to speed drills. Stop and go's from stand still to max exilleration, drop and balance attack and more... all while encompassing a 200 yard obstacle course. And he does the courses a min of 10 times a session. We focused on him not fatiguing if we see the same carry load as last season; so if his load is less demanding look for a fresher 3rd and 4th quarter monster this year.

Just don't let him go to the NFL until after his senior season. :)
Thanks for the information about his workouts. I'm ready for the season to begin.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They're both beasts imo. I think Jerry is bigger, stronger, and faster with the ball in his hands. Jerry's just a freak of nature. KB as soon as he even senses someone in his area he covers the ball with both hands, which I love.

Yes he does. Jerry is a no nonsense north and south runner. He has a bright future on the Flats to be sure. Big thighs, and a bruising style which serves well in the B back position. On a related note, I think it is kind of pointless to compare B backs now with Dwyer, Sims, Laskey, Days, and the rest. Circumstances change. Opponents change. Clemson now is much more formidable than they were in 2008. Also, Dwyer had undersized, in some respects, offensive linemen blocking for him (converted tight ends, defensive tackles and so on) Jerry and Kirvonte have the luxury, if that is the word, of linemen specifically recruited for this system. Parker Braun might well be a template for future offensive guards. Point is, the challenges faced by Dwyer and his successors are very different in many ways than those facing KB and JH. IMHO

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Man I hope he does, I hope he crushes it. And I should reiterate for the umteenth time since you want to be cute and be selective, nobody on this board is disrespecting your son. Thanks for stopping by though. Nice try.

So a player’s dad comes on here with an emotional response (which you identified and pointed out) to some perceived criticism of his son, and you respond by bowing up and doing the old internet badass routine. A simple “I think you took that wrong, I wasn’t actually talking trash about KB” would have been so easy and wouldn’t have served to antagonize a player’s family. That’s some fantastic de-escalation skills you’ve got there...are you by any chance a cop?

Milwaukee

Banned
So a player’s dad comes on here with an emotional response (which you identified and pointed out) to some perceived criticism of his son, and you respond by bowing up and doing the old internet badass routine. A simple “I think you took that wrong, I wasn’t actually talking trash about KB” would have been so easy and wouldn’t have served to antagonize a player’s family. That’s some fantastic de-escalation skills you’ve got there...are you by any chance a cop?

There's so much irony in this entire post. Literally start to finish, gold.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was thinking it is a good things that the player's moms don't read all these GT FB forums, which I liken to the National Enquirer for grown men. The mommas would be hunting people down who said anything even remotely critical about their babies. I know my wife had issues with this at our son's FB games in HS, even if the comments were warranted at times. I had Flea's attitude...if he was offsides or holding or the like, then criticism was OK. Questioning effort or desire or character was another issue altogether.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It's all good

yekz2.jpg

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Nice job segueing into a cop bashing jibe....

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
After looking at this depth chart the only contribution we are getting from the 16 recruiting class is on the OL. Yikes was that bad. Ranked 67th in the nation then has the 2 highest rated players leave the program and we are getting little from our third year players. That is difficult to overcome.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
After looking at this depth chart the only contribution we are getting from the 16 recruiting class is on the OL. Yikes was that bad. Ranked 67th in the nation then has the 2 highest rated players leave the program and we are getting little from our third year players. That is difficult to overcome.
*A little early to grade the class. There are several guys that I hope will be good players, but have not played enough. Kerr, Dolphus, and several more!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Let's remember that it takes awhile to work up the ranks in a junior/senior dominated team. I also think that we'll see good things from the 16 class soon.