Preseason Depth Chart

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Was released as part of the GT media guide

IMG_2357.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I really feel pretty good about this depth chart. Everybody either has decent playing experience or significant talent.

I suspect that if Cooper comes back healthy and game-ready, then Lee will move to LT and Will to RG on the starting OL.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I really feel pretty good about this depth chart. Everybody either has decent playing experience or significant talent.

I suspect that if Cooper comes back healthy and game-ready, then Lee will move to LT and Will to RG on the starting OL.
That's Sort of what I'm hoping for. Those are their best positions, IMO.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
So, Items of interest:
  1. Hansen has slimmed down quite a bit, it appears.
  2. Glanton not on the depth chart at all
  3. I wonder could Martin play end?
  4. There is a LOT of speed/athleticism in the LB depth chart. With the exception of the Mitchell/Jackson position, every other position is stocked with guys who can really move. Lots of former DB's and WR's in the mix.
  5. I wonder if number 4 above means we don't play much nickel.
  6. Will Brad Stewart (a 4 year starter) reach 40 career receptions?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone concerned that overall, our OL is somewhat 'light in the pants'? I can see the advantage of a lighter, quicker OL between the 20's given our blocking schemes however in the red zone, you like having a little more 'beef' in the line.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Looks about right to me. Just remember that a lot of the Freshmen will get their shot at the depth chart once Fall Camp starts. There's a lot of anticipation for these young defensive guys...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree with AE that this chart is probably based on who gets well. If Marshall comes back ok, then he'll move in at OT and, if Cooper is ok, he'll take C. I sure do hope that's what happens. We need those guys for optimal performance.

Otherwise, this lineup will do for the time being. The schedule doesn't get really hairy until we play Clemson.