Preparation for Boston college

Techsportsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, first real post here. What do y'all think about BC's starting QB Patrick Towles? I have noticed in the past that we sometimes struggle containing large QB's like Logan Thomas on 3rd and short. However, this guy may not be as mobile. Do y'all see this as a concern? Go Jackets!

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The only thing that worries me is the jet lag from travel. We aren't getting to Ireland until Thursday. The game is at 12:30 ireland time and 7:30AM... that's rough while adjusting for traveling to Europe. Meanwhile Boston College is already there adjusting.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hey guys, first real post here. What do y'all think about BC's starting QB Patrick Towles? I have noticed in the past that we sometimes struggle containing large QB's like Logan Thomas on 3rd and short. However, this guy may not be as mobile. Do y'all see this as a concern? Go Jackets!

I think we've had trouble containing all types of QBs

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The only thing that worries me is the jet lag from travel. We aren't getting to Ireland until Thursday. The game is at 12:30 ireland time and 7:30AM... that's rough while adjusting for traveling to Europe. Meanwhile Boston College is already there adjusting.
This has been my concern also. I don't understand why KO is not later by 2 hours or 3 to get better TV watching fan base in the US. When did BC arrive?

KO is 7:30 Atlanta time. So reveille will be 5 or 5:30 Atlanta time. I hope CPJ is right about the adjustment to jet lag. What time did they leave(actual takeoff) today.
Whenever I flew over to Europe the sunrise would wake me up and I would be a zombie for 2 days.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They landed early this morning so hopefully Thursday/Friday are their zombie days and they're good to go Saturday.

I think BC got there a day earlier but not sure. I know they got there before us but don't know if it was a day before or 2.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This has been my concern also. I don't understand why KO is not later by 2 hours or 3 to get better TV watching fan base in the US. When did BC arrive?

KO is 7:30 Atlanta time. So reveille will be 5 or 5:30 Atlanta time. I hope CPJ is right about the adjustment to jet lag. What time did they leave(actual takeoff) today.
Whenever I flew over to Europe the sunrise would wake me up and I would be a zombie for 2 days.

I'm not worried at all about these young kids getting up for the game. I did just fine in college on a few hours sleep some nights and then could sleep 14 hours on other nights.

CPJ has done this a lot before being in Hawaii. It is probably why he slacked off more than usual after camp and let they build some reserves.

The game I would worry about caused by jet lag is the next week, but it's Mercer so the concern there is no enthusiasm.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Jet lag? No, I have zero doubt that our team will be wide awake and fully alert. It's not like they're gonna be sitting at a desk doing TPS reports -- this is a football game!

If anything I think the biggest difference will be the climate change. Our guys accustomed to 90-degree Georgia heat will be playing when it's only 60 degrees... feeling fresh, fast, and flying to the ball all morning! Those cool weather Boston boys won't feel as much of the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Jet lag? No, I have zero doubt that our team will be wide awake and fully alert. It's not like they're gonna be sitting at a desk doing TPS reports -- this is a football game!

If anything I think the biggest difference will be the climate change. Our guys accustomed to 90-degree Georgia heat will be playing when it's only 60 degrees... feeling fresh, fast, and flying to the ball all morning! Those cool weather Boston boys won't feel as much of the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please don't get sick!!!!

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried at all about these young kids getting up for the game. I did just fine in college on a few hours sleep some nights and then could sleep 14 hours on other nights.

CPJ has done this a lot before being in Hawaii. It is probably why he slacked off more than usual after camp and let they build some reserves.

The game I would worry about caused by jet lag is the next week, but it's Mercer so the concern there is no enthusiasm.
yes possible trap but thank goodness it is Mercer, not Ga Southern.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
upload_2016-9-1_8-37-30.png

Wet early. Could work to our advantage. I think we've had a few wet practices. At any rate, heat won't be a factor.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/techs-jeune-ready-to-build-on-last-season/nsP86/

The redshirt junior said he worked in camp on improving his blocking in the run game and his chemistry with Thomas, who he said has been pushing him to continue to improve.

“Everybody is playing a lot faster,” he said. “I feel very comfortable with where we are going and how we’ve been playing.”

Our two best WRs in this offense so far, DT and Smelter, weren't blessed by being brought into the system from the beginning. DT was recruited for and played in a pro-style first, and Smelter hadn't played football in three years before he jumped in as a Jr. RJ may not be as physically gifted as either of them, but he is close, IMO. He showed flashes last year, and I think he could end up being a blend of the two, with some of the bulk of DT and the hands and comeback ability of DS. Pumped that we get him for another year after this one. He could end up having the most productive overall career of a CPJ WR.