Preparation for Boston college

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Brad Stewart as punt returner! That speaks volumes to his running ability after catching the ball. What will be his position on D? (tic)

Pass rush good and bad depending on the day ....... hopefully ...... oh well. IIWII.

Depth chart on Monday since BC wouldn't release theirs to us. Like it matters. No one knows who is good until they play.
I would imagine it speaks volume about his ability to get under the ball, catch it cleanly, and not flinch in the face of getting hit hard. Similar to Golden in his later years after his injury, he was back there to make sure we didn't have any screw ups.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would imagine it speaks volume about his ability to get under the ball, catch it cleanly, and not flinch in the face of getting hit hard. Similar to Golden in his later years after his injury, he was back there to make sure we didn't have any screw ups.

Seriously it does. We have a lot of good AB/BB type runners who he beat out. It will be interesting to see if we attempt more punt returns this year. As you seem to point out, Golden was more there for a safe catch and down last year as I also recall ... his stats were 16 returns all season. But he had a few big ones so his average was about 10 yards per return.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
BC preventing us from bringing the Wreck? How the hell is that? I'm guessing they had a say in bringing it onto the field and said no. Screw 60-0....lets see how close we can get to 222-0.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Kind of makes sense since they are giving up an ACC home game they get the call. We bring the Wreck and what do they bring? An Eagle? (Ben Franklin correctly pointed out that they are scavengers.)

Name a predator that won't scavenge when the opportunity arises. I've seen bald eagles take live fish and tortoises on land. They are predators.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
BC preventing us from bringing the Wreck? How the hell is that? I'm guessing they had a say in bringing it onto the field and said no. Screw 60-0....lets see how close we can get to 222-0.
It's because it's THEIR home game not ours, we don't just drive up on other teams fields, so it's really no different except it's played at a different location. They want it to be just like a home game to them and if they allow us to bring the wreck on the field it takes away from them. Now I doubt we would do that, but I do see where they are coming from if what I posted is the reason.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Name a predator that won't scavenge when the opportunity arises. I've seen bald eagles take live fish and tortoises on land. They are predators.

I thought with the game coming up against BC it was time to insult their mascot ...... (tic) ..... but you are correct that they are not only scavengers .......

"Franklin's Letter to His Daughter (excerpt)

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country..."

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's because it's THEIR home game not ours, we don't just drive up on other teams fields, so it's really no different except it's played at a different location. They want it to be just like a home game to them and if they allow us to bring the wreck on the field it takes away from them. Now I doubt we would do that, but I do see where they are coming from if what I posted is the reason.

We should just drive it up on other teams fields and demoralize them.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I get that they have the right to nix the Wreck for this game, but I'm kind of surprised the Irish football folks didn't try to persuade them to allow it. How cool would it be for the local fans and those making the long trip...would have been a nice little bonus for everyone.

I get that they have the right to nix the Wreck for this game, but I'm kind of surprised the Irish football folks didn't try to persuade them to allow it. How cool would it be for the local fans and those making the long trip...would have been a nice little bonus for everyone.
Just because we can't drive it on the field, shouldn't mean we shouldn't take it. It can still be at the pep rally and other venues. They can object to it being "on the field," but can they object to it being on the sideline or in some prominent place?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There's also a possible issue of importing an old left hand drive car and licensing it for driving on Irish streets. It may not be worth the hassle for a couple days, even if possible.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ah, maybe it's just the price of gas. But were it me and I thought I could get under an opponent's skin and make him think about something other than beating me, doggone right. I would ban car, cheerleaders, band, dean, several coaches and trainers, right up to the head ball coach.