Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just tried to search the interwebs for any crumb of information. I was able to find out that one of Temple's media folks camped out in the NY Hilton lobby like all day long (where everyone was for HOF stuff) to try and spot if Geoff and Todd were ever together with no luck. Now that's some bootstrapping journalism right there - a good try.
Not to bad if you have a computer and some
Starbucks, maybe a sushi brake.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
People are thinking Justin Fields will transfer out of UGA. Now all we need is a HC, go get Hurts to play at GT for 1 year and get Fields, have him redshirt (ncaa rule) and then he can take over the job in 2020.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
There have been 10, count em, 10, 4 star or better HS QB recruits out of the state of Georgia since 2016. We've had a shot at absolutely ZERO of them. We're not just talking Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence pipe dreams guys.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm still pro-Whiz, but I'm mellowing a little bit on it.
The reason is because I'm not sure how important, in the short-term "Energizing the Fan Base" is ?
I know it's part of the equation for us and think it would come with success, but not sure how to rank it among the other factors in terms of a priority.
As a negative for Whiz, I'm wondering if it's a deal killer ???

It’s meaningless. You will see some on boards say it’s the end of the world until they here Whiz talk and see his commitment to Tech. Reopen spring practice and have a good spring game all will be forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It’s meaningless. You will see some on boards say it’s the end of the world until they here Whiz talk and see his commitment to Tech. Reopen spring practice and have a good spring game all will be forgotten.

Whiz wont be GT head coach;) NFL coaches like him use college teams to get a pay raise:cigar:

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
If he is just listening to the big money donors and hires KW and it blows up in his face, it will be him and the donors having the stadium all to themselves. I with the state of the fan base, if this doesn't work, we're going to go from 48000 or whatever the attendance was to about half that

And if he hires Elliott and he turns into Bill Lewis it will be different?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Monken generally throws more than CPJ, though not a ton more. Monken does utilize more diverse formations. I linked an article in another thread where Monken talks about utilizing the shotgun formation for 30% of plays while he was at Southern.
We'll get to find out Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.